Endeavour Hills, VIC

Thanks impala67. Basically, I am not thinking of selling now. Just wanted to refinance my loan and therefore got the valuation done by UBank and the agent offered a free valuation and I wanted to compare.
And yes, I have spent around $6k in the internals and externals.

Still buying another?

That is a very odd list and one I can't take seriously (much that I might like some of the numbers on it).

Well-known suburbs like Laverton, Broadmeadows, Carnegie and Mordialloc are omitted. It can't be due to insufficient sales volumes as these are not tiny suburbs. The units list has even more omissions.

I was thinking that it was by postcode with only one suburb per post code but there are multiple listings from the one postcode so that can't be right.

According RP Data suburb median data, Endeavour Hills ranks 259.
Median value increase 5.6%

Report attached from today's Herald Sun.

;)

I grew up in the 'hills', different demographic to the big movers in the attached which you can see are the 'Chinese buyer' suburbs - which End Hills is not.

Interesting to see the press around Melbourne's property market.....a city people say don't invest in, I am and will continue to invest in Melbourne, after all Melbourne's population will double.

Cheers, Ivan

I grew up in the 'hills', different demographic to the big movers in the attached which you can see are the 'Chinese buyer' suburbs - which End Hills is not.

Interesting to see the press around Melbourne's property market.....a city people say don't invest in, I am and will continue to invest in Melbourne, after all Melbourne's population will double.

Cheers, Ivan

What sort of demographic is Endeavour Hills these days?

I moved out of the hills perhaps 1997 or so, and i'd say there was significant 'Australian born' which I feel would be less prevalent now when I am around there. Refer stats below, however definite increase in the Sri Lankan and Indian populations.

http://localstats.qpzm.com.au/stats/vic/melbourne/south-east/endeavour-hills
Endeavour Hills (3802) is a suburb of Melbourne, South East, Victoria. It is about 31 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Endeavour Hills is in the federal electorate of Holt.
In the 2011 Census the population of Endeavour Hills is 24,574 and is comprised of 49.9% females and 50.1% males.
The median/average age of the Endeavour Hills population is 36 years of age, 1 year below the Australian average.
48.5% of people living in Endeavour Hills were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were Sri Lanka 5.3%, India 4.2%, China 2.1%, England 2%, Afghanistan 1.9%.
47.7% of people speak English as their first language 3.6% Arabic, 3.1% Sinhalese, 2.8% Mandarin, 2.6% Greek, 2.5% Serbian.
The religious make up of Endeavour Hills is 30.4% Catholic, 13.4% No Religion, 9.3% Islam, 7.9% Eastern Orthodox, 6.6% Anglican.
54.7% of people are married, 32.3% have never married and 6.2% are divorced and 2.8% are separated. There are 800 widowed people living in Endeavour Hills.
60.2% of the people living in Endeavour Hills are employed full time, 27.3% are working on a part time basis. Endeavour Hills has an unemployment rate of 6.7%.
The main occupations of people from Endeavour Hills are Professionals 16.5%, Technicians and Trades Workers 16.3%, Clerical and Administrative Workers 15.7%, Labourers 11.3%, Sales Workers 10.8%, Machinery Operators And Drivers 9.2%, Managers 9%, Community and Personal Service Workers 8.4%.
The median individual income is $501.00 per week and the median household income is $1321.00 per week.
34.3% of homes are fully owned, and 45.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.1% of homes are rented.
The median rent in Endeavour Hills is $300 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1651 per month.

there are pockets of the hills which are better compared to the rest.

rather than just asking what is the demographics of the hills, just look around SE and what do you see? this will generally what you going to see in the hills

I would say its a nice place for family life.

I personally have seen some growth in this area in the past 2 years.

get in while its still cheap in some parts, that would be my advice

rather than just asking what is the demographics of the hills, just look around SE and what do you see? this will generally what you going to see in the hills

Hey LoneWolf, I see the hills if different to Dandenong for example which is 5 mins up the road. For example, I love Dandenong, go down Thomas st all you will see is Afghan people and some fantastic Afghan food! large proportion are immigrants from that part of the world as opposed to the hills which you don't see the signifcant amount of Afghans.

Compare the hills to Noble Park where Noble Park has a huge amount of Sudanese, they donot seem prevalent in the hills.

Definitely cannot generalise across the SE as a whole, I find each suburb has its own unique character.

I feel the Hills is a classier prospect population wise as compared to the other suburbs I mentioned. Thats just my impression....

Cheers, Ivan

Hey LoneWolf, I see the hills if different to Dandenong for example which is 5 mins up the road. For example, I love Dandenong, go down Thomas st all you will see is Afghan people and some fantastic Afghan food! large proportion are immigrants from that part of the world as opposed to the hills which you don't see the signifcant amount of Afghans.

Compare the hills to Noble Park where Noble Park has a huge amount of Sudanese, they donot seem prevalent in the hills.

Definitely cannot generalise across the SE as a whole, I find each suburb has its own unique character.

I feel the Hills is a classier prospect population wise as compared to the other suburbs I mentioned. Thats just my impression....

Cheers, Ivan

Ivan, there are people from all types of backgrounds living in the hills. That's is my point.

Yes, Hills is much better compared to NP or Dandenong, that is also my impression. They cannot be compared on the same scale

Hi Lornewolf
I'm looking into EH too and fairly new to the area. Would you suggest some good pockets within the suburb?
Thanks a million
Tina

Does this help?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    509.7 KB · Views: 117
Back