Energy Efficient Homes package assistance

blow in? batts? ceiling? walls? floor? R Value?

Solar hot water rebates are only available to people converting from ELECTRIC STORAGE HOT WATER UNITS - and nothing else. At least it's not indexed now.

Has anyone here had a look through the new government initiatives for ceiling insulation or solar hot water for existing homes?

What would it typically cost to install insulation in a house? As then you get $1000 back from the government.

http://www.environment.gov.au/energyefficiency/insulation-rental.html

Our POPR is 251m2 which I think is around 22-25 sqs , we decided not to have the roof above the garage done as the point is to keep heat out in summer , so putting a hot car does not help we had blow in type selos (?) i think which was then sprayed lightly with glue this cost $2700 all in of which we will get back $1600 in July

Martin

Yes, I'm wondering why the discrimination against tenants as the assistance is for OO's only....? Why should a person who rents be excluded from this assistance...?

Yes, I'm wondering why the discrimination against tenants as the assistance is for OO's only....? Why should a person who rents be excluded from this assistance...?

because kevin thinks landlords are rich, and should pay for the insulation etc themselves. but at the end of the day, the LL wont pay money for something which wont give him a better return.

because kevin thinks landlords are rich, and should pay for the insulation etc themselves. but at the end of the day, the LL wont pay money for something which wont give him a better return.

which shows, unfortunately, the futility, or lack of whatever the right word is, in the whole exercise.. ok, sometimes you have to do the best you can come up with in a short time, to act now., but is this really the best we could come up with....

i think its on the right track but tennents should be entittled to have it done if they stay long term and uses air=con heater etc alot... maybe they rush the plans through without everything taken into consideration ? how about we start a poll here then show it to Krudd.

Back