Energy provider Red Energy

Note that they do a credit file hit on opening an account, so if its for a short term job eg connect to renovate before renting, you would want to go with another provider. eg Dodo.

For your own home, use one of the energy comparison websites.

Note that they do a credit file hit on opening an account, so if its for a short term job eg connect to renovate before renting, you would want to go with another provider. eg Dodo.

Yeah but I need a comparison website to find a energy comparison website:confused:.

Did the comparison stuff with a few different sites and they all show different results using the same suppliers.

Not happy supporting an overseas owned provider and not happy to use
AGL with all the fracking and trouble their causing to the people up Gloucester way.

A turning point for me , Im starting to feel a little green.

We are with Red. No marks on our files.

They were / are the best deal for our situation. Even after their 'special deal' that abruptly ends 3mths after signing up they are still cheaper.

They also have another deal - if you have a friend join up you both receive a $50 coles gift voucher. So if you are thinking of changing over - ask around and find an existing member and say they referred you.

You're right to be skeptical about the price comparison websites. They all negotiate different commissions with energy companies.

I think Red (Snowy Hydro) and Momentum (Tassie Hydro) would be the 'greenest'.

I havent had any credit hits with red energy,

however, what annoyed me big time last year was when I used Origin Energy for a few weeks, they changed my home address on my credit file everytime I connected power, so on my credit report, I have moved states and addresses 5 times in 12 months.

I think a credit card application was rejected based on this info. not happy jan

I use them, and use their frequent values card as well.

We eat out alot so 20% off at all these restaurants almost covers the cost of our power bill. The website is really crap for finding the restaurants so I made a spreadsheet if you need it let me know.

Not sure if others have rewards program, I used to use AGL and Victoria in the previous 2 places I lived.

I use them, and use their frequent values card as well.

We eat out alot so 20% off at all these restaurants almost covers the cost of our power bill. The website is really crap for finding the restaurants so I made a spreadsheet if you need it let me know.

Not sure if others have rewards program, I used to use AGL and Victoria in the previous 2 places I lived.

whats this frequent value card?

I havent had any credit hits with red energy,

however, what annoyed me big time last year was when I used Origin Energy for a few weeks, they changed my home address on my credit file everytime I connected power, so on my credit report, I have moved states and addresses 5 times in 12 months.

I think a credit card application was rejected based on this info. not happy jan

When I signed up they advised they were running a check, and it appeared on my veda file. They also took it upon themselves to update my home address to the IP in my credit file too

If being green is important to you check this out -http://www.greenpeace.org/australia/en/what-we-do/climate/The-Green-Electricity-Guide/?src=GP5

When I signed up they advised they were running a check, and it appeared on my veda file. They also took it upon themselves to update my home address to the IP in my credit file too

Are power companies obligated to tell you before they run a credit check? I know that most companies in their T&C's reserve the right to do so (including Dodo).

Likewise the changing of addresses on the credit file everytime power gets connected for a reno sounds like it would shred the file.

Sounds like an absolute nightmare tbh. My latest reno job is connected with Dodo & I must confess they've been a pain in the **** to deal with so far.

If it's for your own place, Power shop is awesome and cheap. You buy power before u use it normally at discounted rates. The price includes daily supply charge and gst. I'm currently paying $1.50 a day for all of it!!! They are green too!

pm if you want a $75 credit from my referral.

Definitely the cheapest going around!

Are power companies obligated to tell you before they run a credit check? I know that most companies in their T&C's reserve the right to do so (including Dodo).

Likewise the changing of addresses on the credit file everytime power gets connected for a reno sounds like it would shred the file.

Sounds like an absolute nightmare tbh. My latest reno job is connected with Dodo & I must confess they've been a pain in the **** to deal with so far.

Yes they did it over the phone and advised while it is done.

And yes Dodo is a real pain. About 934949124912 calls and back and forth to connect power, and utter incompetence from everyone you speak to in their philippine monkeys on typewriters call centre.

They say in paperwork that they may do a credit check, but on researching them prior nobody says they have actually been checked.

I only use em cos they dont seem to credit check and dont have contracts. If anyone can recommend anyone else similar would be great.

LOL there is no good or bad retailer,there all the same.Seriously they have nfi.
The wholesaler puts the runs in,the inept call center overseas adds to the sublime.

Better putting your money on a monkey than these clowns!

IMO,don't go cheapest,stick with a retailer that has some repute and the reviews on board.

Back