Enforcing a VCAT order

The debt comes to just over $5600. Any costs associated with locating them and serving them just get added on top of their debt.
I'm not going to let it go as it hasn't really become a task for me yet, it seems to be a relatively simple process (albeit a long drawn out one!) where once I have all of the information needed the court and the sherif's department will do the rest.
The other reason I don't want to let it go is because if I do this person could do the same thing to another property investor who is trying to get ahead, it's not right that people just do the same thing over and over again with no regard for the people who are putting a roof over their heads.

The debt comes to just over $5600. Any costs associated with locating them and serving them just get added on top of their debt.
I'm not going to let it go as it hasn't really become a task for me yet, it seems to be a relatively simple process (albeit a long drawn out one!) where once I have all of the information needed the court and the sherif's department will do the rest.
The other reason I don't want to let it go is because if I do this person could do the same thing to another property investor who is trying to get ahead, it's not right that people just do the same thing over and over again with no regard for the people who are putting a roof over their heads.

That is a fair bit of money

In summary:
1. You can't get paid unless you find these people (or their assets)
2. You can't get paid unless they actually have something you can legally take
3. Cars etc may not be in their names, or could have been sold, or could be under the threshold
4. If you have a judgment you don't have to enforce it now, but have several years (could be 10, look up limitations act).
5. Having a judgment against their names will make it hard for them to get finance for the next 5 years.

Back