Engagement Rings

no, i don't get told any info on each piece - and not sure if i'd really like to know that freddy pawned his grandmothers' diamond ring to buy food for his kids!

however, i do like it when i take them straight into the jewellers to be resized and cleaned, and they say "you paid how little for that! :eek:"

Personally I don't like stores like Cash converters, pawn shops etc as there is always a question mark over the items.

Lucky for me (and my man) my DH's mum (no longer with us :() left him the perfect diamond ring to use as my engagement ring. I feel it's mine, but not really mine, and will be passed on to the next generation when the time is right.

I have little hands and the ring is small and understated (like me LOL).

Once the wedding band joins it on her finger the interest in her bit of sparkle will drop off pretty quick. Our wedding band (only I wear one) cost us $70 by the way. The last time someone asked me about my lovely ring was when I was trying to cut a snarly dog's toenails (approx 6 yrs ago). Romance and reality.

Save your money for the wedding. And the honeymoon. And the house. And the kids. And the IP's. And....

I'm not into Tiffany so preferred a bigger rock from a jeweller. One of my friends HAD to get Tiffany and her rock was very small as it was so pricey. She thought it was awesome that she was wearing Tiffany and wouldn't have accepted any other brand/maker.

If you really want to get Tiffany, got to Hawaii. I think the taxes there are very low so you could get a ring cheaper than anywhere else, including mainland US.

Back