Enhanced mode

Hi,

When you are replying or starting a new thread you have a choice of a few code tags selectable by buttons above the message box. When formatting your text the tags must enclose the text.

To the left of the tag buttons is a bullet option for vB Code where the options are Normal Mode and Enhanced Mode.

When using normal mode, pressing a button will pop-up a dialog for you to fill with text. It will then enter the text with the appropriate vB Code tags at the end of your message.

When using enhanced mode, pressing a button will insert the appropriate STARTING tag for the code, leaving you to enter text into the message area. When you have finished the text and want to close the tag, simply press the Close Current Tag button (alt+c). You may also nest tags in enhanced mode, and then use the Close All Tags button (alt+x) to close all open markup. Please note that the 'close tag' buttons only close tags that have been entered using the code buttons.

Enhanced Mode is very useful for quickly adding multiple tags to get a special effect like:

Wow there's lots of formatting here!

The tags I used were:
[ FONT=century gothic][ SIZE=3][ COLOR=purple][ B][ I][ U]
Wow there's lots of formatting here![ /U][ /I][ /B][ /COLOR][ /SIZE][ /FONT]

The end tags were added in one button click of Close All Tags.

Remember to change back to Normal Mode afterwards because this setting remains as your default setting whenever you create a message.

Regards, Mike

PS If you need to do a special format and the code tag is not available here Sim may be able to configure the tag for you if you know the tag. eg Superscript and Subscript are not available in the buttons but Sim has configured them to make them available if you manually enter the tags.

Example:

H[ sub]2[ /sub]O will produce H[sub]2[/sub]O and 4[ sup]2[ /sup] will produce 4[sup]2[/sup] .

How opportune - someone, just today, was wanting to post "superscript" - i.e. showing "powers of numbers"

So, if I've got it right, I should be able to show "10 squared = 100"
by doing this

10[sup]2[/sup] = 100

Hope it works - if it does, Thank you, Mike...

Regards,

Back