Environmentally friendly flooring solution for replacing carpet in rental bedrooms

Hi all, I am looking to replace the carpet in 2 RENTAL bedrooms in a 2nd floor UNIT. The living room spaces and bathrooms are currently tiled (white tiles that are hard to keep looking vacuumed) and the kitchen is vinyl. The floor underneath the carpet is concrete. Please bear in mind this is a 2nd floor unit, so this could effect what flooring solution I go with due to noise insulation and body corp rules. I am looking for an environmentally friendly, durable and budget flooring solution. I am considering the following floors to replace the carpet in the bedroom:

1) Cork (worried it may dent)
2) Concrete (polished concrete or similar concrete flooring) but am not sure if this is viable in a unit due to to noise
3) Rubber http://www.dalsouple.com.au/dalfusion.html
4) Tiles (worried they could chip)

What are people's suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Another vote for floating floors. They can be bamboo which is environmentally friendly.

The downside is that they may be noisy, although cushioning underneath (underlay) can soften the noise. There may be body corporate rules.

They can be done yourself (I was going to say that you can put them in yourself but that doesn't doing good). I've done it for an IP, and I'm not a great handyman, and the job was mostly not too bad. However for a really good job we got a professional.

you will need some sort of acoustic underlay if you go with floating floors or tiles, dont be blase about it because if you dont the strata can justifiably make you rip it all up and start again

Back