Epl?

don't like EPL

i usually stay up for Chamipon's League/European league/world cup/european championship when ukrainian/russian teams are playing and sometimes watch ukrainian chamiponship

yep love the EPL. Woke up early this morning to watch Chelsea v Fulham, Everton v Burnley, Stoke v Birmingham.

Tho my team is in Div 2 and rarely get a glimpse....Bradford City

OSS

yep love the EPL. Woke up early this morning to watch Chelsea v Fulham, Everton v Burnley, Stoke v Birmingham.

Tho my team is in Div 2 and rarely get a glimpse....Bradford City

OSS

Yea, i watched some of the games this morning too. I love Tottenham! Somehow you just can't compare the level of skill these teams have too our so called "A League"!

Love the EPL games - but need my sleep. I record lots of matches (anything Liverpool playes in, or any other match that looks interesting) and watch them at more reasonable hours before knowing the score.

Jason

Yea, i watched some of the games this morning too. I love Tottenham! Somehow you just can't compare the level of skill these teams have too our so called "A League"!

Agreed...our A-League is far from the same quality. I have gone to some of the Roar games but get very frustrated watching it for the lack of quality.

That said tho, the standard i believe is improving from even 5 years ago. The additional money spent on it and success of the Socceroos have helped increase it's popularity.

The quality is not going to improve overnight, unless we suddenly have a multi billion dollar injection and buy a heap of OS players. It will take time to improve the domestic quality.

But gotta love Foxtel...it is a down under football fans number one possession.

OSS

Agreed...our A-League is far from the same quality. I have gone to some of the Roar games but get very frustrated watching it for the lack of quality.

That said tho, the standard i believe is improving from even 5 years ago. The additional money spent on it and success of the Socceroos have helped increase it's popularity.

The quality is not going to improve overnight, unless we suddenly have a multi billion dollar injection and buy a heap of OS players. It will take time to improve the domestic quality.

But gotta love Foxtel...it is a down under football fans number one possession.

OSS

Yea, I go to alot of the games too and it can be frustrating to watch. A league does have a few good players though. I like Shane Smeltz, he seems to have potential. Then their is Petrovski - he has skill and speed. Jedinak who used to play for ccm, now playes in turkey i liked watching him too. But it's just disapointing. I watch EPL and then compare it to A Legaue and just think "What a joke".

And im sorry to say but Australia winning the World Cup next year or even coming close too it, is just not going to happen.

And yes!! You have to love foxtel! That is the only reason i got it connected a few months ago! He He!

Being an Adelaide fan I have been extremely disappointed in the A-League this season! haha
We are going to get thumped in the Asian Champions League! :eek:

As for the EPL, obviously miles ahead of the A-League in every aspect.

Love watching the EPL games and the championship (2nd tier) is also very exciting to watch.

Sounds good guys.... I also love the EPL but a bit painful of late being a Liverpool fan (as sure you'll agree with me Jason!)

I also try to follow my old team Carlisle United, who are in the third tier of english football.... I have been informed that this is better than the A League!! I imagine it would be pretty similar as the Championship is good quality and likely to be better than the A LEague!

I used to, being a Newcastle United supporter hasnt helped! but hey top of the table at the moment makes a change, we are still playing really bad football though.

Watched the glory win 4-0 at home the other day, great atmosphere, didnt even mind the mid strength beer.

Watching A league on TV can be really bad because some of the teams supporters dont make any noise! If we could offer EPL wages in the A league things might improve!

I booked with the fanatics for the world cup next year game on.

Chomp

Chomp,

I am curious how much is the World Cup package you bought with the fanatics? I've been looking at the green and gold army site but haven't made up my mind yet tho the wife thinks she has made up my mind.

OSS

Still the A-League has come up in leaps and bounds the last few years.
Of course it can't be compared to Serie A or EPL, but gotta give credit for progress achieved.
And it will only get better as more expats return with most making a little contribution each to the game here.

Reading stupid comments of Craig Foster and ignorant journos sure dont help the cause thou. But at least it's improving.

Chomp,

I am curious how much is the World Cup package you bought with the fanatics? I've been looking at the green and gold army site but haven't made up my mind yet tho the wife thinks she has made up my mind.

OSS

I booked the Durban HQ package, details are on their website, its not cheap, but from what I have looked at Foxsports travel and GGA it seems to be cheaper than those.

Chomp

Still the A-League has come up in leaps and bounds the last few years.
Of course it can't be compared to Serie A or EPL, but gotta give credit for progress achieved.
And it will only get better as more expats return with most making a little contribution each to the game here.

Reading stupid comments of Craig Foster and ignorant journos sure dont help the cause thou. But at least it's improving.

I can't stand craig Foster, he continuously rambles on about crap! He really has no idea whatsoever!

Back