Epump decommissioned

Based on the large amount of information provided, my opinion is "perhaps"

:p

Have you guys using EPUMP
Has it been beneficial to you
How do you feel that it is now decommissioned
Do you think it will be replaced with a better technology product?
Or it is more likely that it is not replaced due to more profitable instore product?

There you go, hope it will attract some response

t

people don't like change?

http://epumpchange.com.au/
At my local CALTEX WOOLWORTHS petrol station I've noticed a new service called Pay@Pump. Can you tell me a bit more about that?
Pay@Pump is a new service available at CALTEX petrol stations and will be available at selected CALTEX WOOLWORTHS petrol stations. It enables fuel customers to avoid any in-store queues by allowing payment at the pump.

:p

Have you guys using EPUMP
Has it been beneficial to you
How do you feel that it is now decommissioned
Do you think it will be replaced with a better technology product?
Or it is more likely that it is not replaced due to more profitable instore product?

There you go, hope it will attract some response

t

Perhaps an explanation of what ePump is, would help. I still have no idea what you are talking about.

people don't like change?

http://epumpchange.com.au/
At my local CALTEX WOOLWORTHS petrol station I've noticed a new service called Pay@Pump. Can you tell me a bit more about that?
Pay@Pump is a new service available at CALTEX petrol stations and will be available at selected CALTEX WOOLWORTHS petrol stations. It enables fuel customers to avoid any in-store queues by allowing payment at the pump.

The difference from Epump and pay@pump is the epump will only allow you to use everydaymoney credit card, where else, pay@pump will accept any credit card...

i will be looking for any pay@pump signage then in that case...

cheers

t

that's a good change, epump that would only accept their credit cards was a waste, hardly anyone used it. Funny, we've gone back to the future they used to have pay at pump options in the early 90's....but people would skip all the sweets, drinks, snacks etc that are in your face when you pay.

Give me paywave at the pump any day, so I dont have to wait in line behind mrs fatty mcfatfat and her 2 chubby cherubs taking 5 mins to decide which half of the store they want to devour whilst hunting through her shoulder mounted wheelie bin finding the oldest discount ticket that didnt expire 4 months ago.

Funny, we've gone back to the future they used to have pay at pump options in the early 90'

Yeah BP introduced them 20 years ago then for some reason (they probably missed Mrs F# and the kids buying all the out-of-date chocs DaveM) so put covers over the pump terminals. You still see some of them around at BP with the covers on hoping for a come back maybe.

As for paywave, very scary especially if you loose you wallet. Before you know it you have 20+ Maccas transactions and several tanks of fuel charged before you even realise its gone. For me its a PIN as a minimum.

As for paywave, very scary especially if you loose you wallet. Before you know it you have 20+ Maccas transactions and several tanks of fuel charged before you even realise its gone. For me its a PIN as a minimum.

I have a pin number with my card too but paywave still goes through without a pin number for purchases under $100. Sometimes I go to insert the card yet the machine must pick up the chip in the card and, before I know it, it's gone through paywave??? I thought that paywave worked for any amount under $100 for every card that had a chip - pin or not? I also assumed that all new cards had chips?

Must admit, I love paywave. Can't stand waiting behind customers searching through their wallets in an attempt to offload as many coins as possible, or those who forget their pin numbers or have to sign. I once had my credit card stolen and the money spent on it (admittedly, not much) was reimbursed by the bank.

Paying at the pump seems like just another attempt to get rid of staff. Not having to pay for wages will save them a lot more than the profit they'd make off lollies and chocolate bars...

If you don't want to use pay wave, just insert your card. Simple.

I thought I read that the bank/cred card provider will cover you for fraudulent use of Pay wave up to the $100 anyway.

Back