Erosion along drive way edge

I have only just re-paved my drive way (which sunk over the years due to bad workmanship) last week, but with the excessive amount of rain fall this week, I found that there's an erosion happening at the newly paved driveway edge. It's on the top left corner, where soil been washed off underneath the first row of the drive way. I can even put half of my hand into it and still can't touch the end...

Does anyone know why that happen and what should I do with it? Should I pour some concrete into it and then touch up with sand bedding on top? I am just worried about the driveway pavers hope it won't sunk or break again, now that the first row of the pavers are actually hollow!

Help appreciated!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 100
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 98
Hi wll6568,

I can't make heads or tails with the pics but a stab,under the pavers it appears the base is pebble and sand?

I dunno anyhow like pic 5,look good on a wall :D

Cheers Spades.

Possibly leaking storm water down pipe is washing the bedding away down the drain!

I just can't understand how people cannot get these jobs right from the start!

Building any and everything is all about water and the keeping out and or redirecting of it away fom possible damaging scenarios.

Simple basic construction 101.

from the pictures is it washing underneath the tiles, where the 100mm PVC pipe is? looks to be very obvious answer if so..

Back