Essentially unlimited, free desktop valuations.

For my first 3 properties, it asked for an address and gave me a valuation. For the next properties, the initial screen to provide address won't pop up - it goes straight to the second one where you create a nickname and link the property, hence....no valuation. Any ideas anyone??

Contact CBA. They should help out.

Data mining and product selling device. Pulls up your CBA liabilities and matches it against your assets to show you 'available' equity and contact details for CBA to make an appointment. Similarly looks into any TD's you have, shares and any other products or services, offering supplementary products related to your current profile.

It looks pretty, has some decent information for the average punter who doesn't research that much into their financial future. It isn't a gift however, its a marketing tool.

I don't feel comfortable passing THAT much information over to a financial institution, they have enough so I won't be using the platform that's for sure.

Data mining, of course, they will be doing it.

But I am not too worried about matching properties with loans we already have with CBA. They already know the addresses and loan details. In fact, I feel better off knowing what valuations they follow. Most of the times, they did not disclose their valuations. Now at least we know what is their desktop valuation is. That way, we are prepared what to expect when refinancing.

For my first 3 properties, it asked for an address and gave me a valuation. For the next properties, the initial screen to provide address won't pop up - it goes straight to the second one where you create a nickname and link the property, hence....no valuation. Any ideas anyone??

You've run out of mortgages to link properties to. Remove a previously linked property to free one up.

Data mining, of course, they will be doing it.

But I am not too worried about matching properties with loans we already have with CBA. They already know the addresses and loan details. In fact, I feel better off knowing what valuations they follow. Most of the times, they did not disclose their valuations. Now at least we know what is their desktop valuation is. That way, we are prepared what to expect when refinancing.

This sums up my feelings on the matter.

Posting this for my benefit as much as that of anyone else.

My suburb has been going crazy the last few months. Looks like the data is catching up. The estimated value of my PPOR on the CBA site just lifted over $10k. Nice to know.

Any other ways to get a free quick rough val on my property? Just interested to know what the bank thinks without doing anything formal.

MRO, a broker etc on here can probably do a free val for you.

Or a less accurate method would be asking someone with RPData access to do a CRM and hopefully the appraisal price range isn't too dramatic.

I wonder if they will use this 'data mining' to contact you if your valuation drops and hurts your LVR??

There doesn't seem to be a mechanism in place to stop you adding IPs/a PPOR you don't own, so it is extremely unlikely.

Plus, if they were to, just add a place or two that are skyrocketing in value. Problem solved..

I found the rp data value from the cba site for my ppor to be way off the mark.

I estimate the value, knowing my street and suburb to be around 700-750k.

The rp data value is 950k with "high confidence". High confidence is meant to be within 15% variance but they are still off the mark.

I found the rp data value from the cba site for my ppor to be way off the mark.

I estimate the value, knowing my street and suburb to be around 700-750k.

The rp data value is 950k with "high confidence". High confidence is meant to be within 15% variance but they are still off the mark.

What suburb are you in? It's quite possible for the estimation to be a bit off (but as far as I can tell* if you say, applied for an equity loan with CBA, and estimated the val of your place to be $950k, it'll align with their desktop val, the application should proceed without a curbside val being needed and you'll have an extra $200k of equity to dip into).

Also possible surrounding/similar sales have pushed the val up beyond what you think it's worth.

Either way, take it with a grain of salt.

*based only on my own experience.

What suburb are you in? It's quite possible for the estimation to be a bit off (but as far as I can tell* if you say, applied for an equity loan with CBA, and estimated the val of your place to be $950k, it'll align with their desktop val, the application should proceed without a curbside val being needed and you'll have an extra $200k of equity to dip into).

Also possible surrounding/similar sales have pushed the val up beyond what you think it's worth.

Either way, take it with a grain of salt.

*based only on my own experience.

Interesting, because they recently approved my LOC application for 600k - I gave them this number based on 80% of 750k - very rapidly and without much fuss at all.

As a general priniciple, do people find that the RP data valuation is higher or lower than one's own valuations of their own properties?

Back