Estate Agents - Commission Mentality Explained

Is it any wonder that this article was written by a lawyer?:D

Really, a real estate agent doesn't do very much at all. It is the lawyer who does all of the "heavy lifting" in any real estate transaction...

OK - let the lawyers go get the sales :rolleyes:

Well lets not forget that Peter Mericka has his own agenda- after all, he's selling his services to vendors to bypass all those "nasty" real estate agents. Naturally vendors have a choice to either privately sell or use a REA. No one's forcing their hand.

Is it any wonder that this article was written by a lawyer?:D

OK - let the lawyers go get the sales :rolleyes:
I just like to read different opinions,if i want facts i can look up the NSW Office of Fair Trading and see in black and white,throughout the State the numbers of agents that have been disqualified over the past few years,why do you have a problem with some ones opinions in a "Free Country",i post so new people that start off in property see both sides of the story,not only from the agents side..willair..

why do you have a problem with some ones opinions in a "Free Country"

Hi willair, I have no problem whatsoever with someone else's opinion....post away. My comments were directed at Peter Mericka. I have seen over many years, people complaining about sales people in all sorts of businesses. Yet without a sale - NOTHING happens in any business.

This does not excuse bad salesmansip in any business, not just a REAs. If they do the wrong thing, they deserve what they get IMO.

But for a lawyer to say they "do all the heaving lifting" is laughable. Sure they do their part - no issue with that. But unless a salesperson sells a property, then the lawyer has nothing to do (or lift :))

Well lets not forget that Peter Mericka has his own agenda- after all, he's selling his services to vendors to bypass all those "nasty" real estate agents.

I'm not sure whether he is an agent or not, but he's selling RE and I wouldn't touch him with a 40ft pole, I've seen how he bags agents, some I have known 25 years and they are not what he says.

Interesting blog, and he does make some good points.
But the argument that sales people "do nothing" for the pay is 1000 yrs old.
The sales person is likely to be an older profession than the lawyer imo.
It's also interesting coming from the pompous profession a laywer.
You know your great when your allowed to wear a wig to work lol.

Back