Even the REIA is turning bearish

http://www.theage.com.au/business/p...buyers-retreat-20100412-s47w.html?autostart=1

if the 2 tier economy gets a good grip I reckon the rates shock coud be worse than what the papers have been bleating about

What ever happened too the 10% per month growth,that some were talking about in this site just a while back,if you listened too all the media spinners then you would end up in rusty tin shed out the back of Nimbin drinking home brew,and skunk nitro and waiting for your sitdown money cheque ..willair..

Can someone please copy/paste me this article as everytime i go on The Age website, my internet freezes.

Thanks

Housing market to weaken as buyers retreat PETER MARTIN
April 13, 2010
BUYERS are retreating from the Melbourne property market at the rate of 600 a month, causing real estate professionals to predict an ''exhausted market'' with increasingly weak price growth throughout the rest of the year.

High auction clearance rates and record prices notwithstanding, official figures show the number of loans to buy houses in Victoria slipped from a record high of 15,300 in September to 13,400 in February after sliding in six out of the past eight months.

Victoria's slide of 12 per cent is the least severe in the nation. In New South Wales the number of loans slid by 27 per cent and in Queensland and South Australia by 25 and 29 per cent.

''This will lead to a slowing of price growth, no question about it,'' said Real Estate Institute national president David Airey.

Last edited by a moderator:
What ever happened too the 10% per month growth,that some were talking about in this site just a while back,if you listened too all the media spinners then you would end up in rusty tin shed out the back of Nimbin drinking home brew,and skunk nitro and waiting for your sitdown money cheque ..willair..

And you have a problem with that?:D

Can someone please copy/paste me this article as everytime i go on The Age website, my internet freezes.

Just FYI - I don't have a problem with someone emailing / PMing you the article, but we have to be careful about allowing full reproduction of content from other websites on Somersoft, as it generally infringes copyright laws. We have had legal issues from this type of thing before.

An excerpt and a link is generally acceptable for publishing in threads.

Just so you know why the above post was edited.

And you have a problem with that?:D
No problem at all,what i have a problem with is one week it's all upwards next week it slower,the next week it's something else,given that nothing is predictable because those that value the simple process over the total shorterm result are not telling the whole truth..willair..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadreamin
And you have a problem with that?
No problem at all,what i have a problem with is one week it's all upwards next week it slower,the next week it's something else,given that nothing is predictable because those that value the simple process over the total shorterm result are not telling the whole truth..willair..
I have no problem with "volatility of opinion". That's what makes a market.

Why do you think that there should be someone out there who can relieve you of doing your own thinking? There ain't! Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances.

Back