Eviction Process WA???

Hi all,

So we have some interesting tenants in one of our IP's.
It is the first time we have had to go through the process of eviction so chasing any gems of information or wisdom from those who have been there and done that.

House is in WA for those familiar with the process there. Have served them a 1B Form Notice of Termination for Non-Payment of Rent which has lapsed after 7 days and they refuse to leave.

Tomorrow we will apply for a court order (Form 12)- we self manage our IP's

Has anyone gone through the process in Perth or WA and if so how long did it drag out for. The woman is a compulsive liar- you would not believe the things that come out of her mouth so I worry if it goes to court she will cry victim.

We have a solid paper trail of everything over the last few months and have complied with all our responsibilities as landlord.

Also have landlord insurance and 6weeks of bond so not stressing yet and we have had a good run with our other properties so not too fussed- just want them out.

Any thoughts or anyone know any local heavies for hire :D

All you can do is follow the process to a t and keep records of everything. The judge should see through the charades.

Has anyone gone through the process in Perth or WA and if so how long did it drag out for. The woman is a compulsive liar- you would not believe the things that come out of her mouth so I worry if it goes to court she will cry victim.
I have not evicted a tenant but I took a tenant who totally trashed my house to the magistrates court in WA. I was approached by court staff and agreed to mediation with the registrar. The registrar was 100% advocating for the lying tenant and ignored all of my written evidence. The tenant even lied about the property settlement date and then claimed we were charging rent when we didn't own the property! Of course all this was untrue but the registrar turned to us and proclaimed "you can't charge rent on a property you don't own".

I did a stupid thing after that accepted a low settlement because I was annoyed and wanted to get out of there.

My points are: a) it is going to take time, mine to until 1:30 to resolve through mediation b) be prepared for the registrar to 100% side with the tenant so don't let the registrar and tenant run the agenda if you end up in mediation c) don't make snap decisions. You can ask for time to think about an offer.

Don't let the system bully you, stand up for yourself. I was happy to get out of there at the time but afterwards I was annoyed at myself for backing down so easily. Good luck! I hope it goes better for you.

I had a compulsive liar take me to court. Very easy - they lie, you show proof otherwise. Lesson learnt- if someone tells the slightest lie on application they won't be accepted, eg in current job 2 months instead of 3 as stated on application.

I have not evicted a tenant but I took a tenant who totally trashed my house to the magistrates court in WA. I was approached by court staff and agreed to mediation with the registrar. The registrar was 100% advocating for the lying tenant and ignored all of my written evidence. The tenant even lied about the property settlement date and then claimed we were charging rent when we didn't own the property! Of course all this was untrue but the registrar turned to us and proclaimed "you can't charge rent on a property you don't own".

I did a stupid thing after that accepted a low settlement because I was annoyed and wanted to get out of there.

My points are: a) it is going to take time, mine to until 1:30 to resolve through mediation b) be prepared for the registrar to 100% side with the tenant so don't let the registrar and tenant run the agenda if you end up in mediation c) don't make snap decisions. You can ask for time to think about an offer.

Don't let the system bully you, stand up for yourself. I was happy to get out of there at the time but afterwards I was annoyed at myself for backing down so easily. Good luck! I hope it goes better for you.

PerthGuy;
Thanks for taking time to respond in detail.
Good points to consider- court date on the 6th of Jan so just a waiting game.

Thought it would only be 2weeks max to get into court- so we have to wait out over the Chrissy break and pay for the slob to enjoy her Christmas in our house. System is a joke!

As will be interstate at that time we will have to do via video link. Not ideal but no other option.

All part of the IP game after all

Kudos to the others for the feedback.

Ben

Hi all,

So we have some interesting tenants in one of our IP's.
It is the first time we have had to go through the process of eviction so chasing any gems of information or wisdom from those who have been there and done that.

House is in WA for those familiar with the process there. Have served them a 1B Form Notice of Termination for Non-Payment of Rent which has lapsed after 7 days and they refuse to leave.

Tomorrow we will apply for a court order (Form 12)- we self manage our IP's

We have a solid paper trail of everything over the last few months and have complied with all our responsibilities as landlord.

Also have landlord insurance and 6weeks of bond so not stressing yet and we have had a good run with our other properties so not too fussed- just want them out.

Any thoughts or anyone know any local heavies for hire :D

We've had 2 evictions in the past decade. PM's took care of all the legalities/paperwork & Landlord insurance footed the bill. Moral of story - get landlord insurance and employ a PM :)

We've had 2 evictions in the past decade. PM's took care of all the legalities/paperwork & Landlord insurance footed the bill. Moral of story - get landlord insurance and employ a PM :)

Landlord Insurance have had from the get go so will sort out come the backend once they have left.

In the process of sussing PM.

Ben

Back