Ex Commission?

I am in the process of buying one of these.

After inspection I was quite astounded and pleased at the condition that they were in,

The government seem to spend more money on their buildings than private people.

All electrical s up to date,hardwired smoke detectors,painting fair,insulation in roof with bonus sarki,

All good solid timber,unlike today's houses,

Prices seem to be good for what you get,

Obviously every building is different and needs individually inspecting.

Will let you know more later on as we are still in the process :D

I love these beauties....trouble is a lot of people have cottoned on to these and are bidding them up to silly levels.......:D

I noticed that the commission houses up for auction in Wagga last week fetched a minimum of $130k.

These were selling for less than $100k not long ago. It'll be interesting to see how much the next batch will sell for (I think it's in a couple of weeks).

I noticed that the commission houses up for auction in Wagga last week fetched a minimum of $130k.

These were selling for less than $100k not long ago. It'll be interesting to see how much the next batch will sell for (I think it's in a couple of weeks).

Not much point in going to auctions then you can buy em for this or less direct....

how do you guys find out about up and coming HC releases??? Do they release multiple at one time? are they listed? Are there any purchasing restrictions etc? Am talking particularly about NSW?

cheers, Jacob

I bought a block of 4 flats, they were in excellent condition. I added airconditioning, blinds and wardrobes. As low income rentals they are excellent

I also have a house, the area has now gentrified, so the rental on this one has increased remarkably.

If you know the area and can pick and choose the tenants they are a good investment

Chris

We get the odd ex-commission house here - 2 or 3 streets of the town are just these houses, all the same. They take an abnormally long time to sell and when they do they sell for a lot less than the old worker's cottages (which are comparable size). Unsurprisingly though they rent for the same so the yield on them is miles ahead.

So if you're looking to buy in an area where these houses are in an extreme minority among otherwise more 'desirable' houses, watch out. The 60s houses are extremely solidly built though, they just don't look so good.

Back