ex olympic buildings

Has anyone done investment using ex olympic buildings?

They are relocatable and still available.

Any info appreciated.

Cathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Wow, I thought they had all been sold in the aftermath of the Olympics super sales...

Where can they be picked up if you don't mind posting it.

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 1.1

I was thinking of buying one to put on my block zoned rural residential in Melbourne's outer east to use while I was building my house. When I complete the house and move in. I was intending on renting out the "removable" or using it as a guest house/studio. The local council is against it as the block is zoned for one residence per lot - even though it's a 10 acre plot. Anyone know a way around this ruling?

rgs

Phil

Reply: 1.1.1

I had looked into these to relocate to a block in a town but investigation showed it was going to be expensive ( moreso than moving a relocatable new house or moving one people wanted to be rid of). Would love to know if prices had dropped as initially they were about $50000-$60000 before removal costs are added....then there was connection fees eg sewer, power etc. I'd look into it again if it was viable now the initial interest has waned.

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Well the ones I am looking at are from the media village are cheaper in price than you have quoted but not so very attractive. Hardiplank exterior and zinc roof. 4bed + 4 bath accommodation designed for singles I think.

Cathy

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Hi,

Contact AUSCO at Seven Hills, they currently have their stock at the ADI site in St Marys.

They are looking from between $18-25k to sell them. They don't seem to be too negotiatiable under that range, but I could be wrong.

Ask for the account manager (can't remember name) to find out more.

Costs about $300-400 to crane and move 1 unit within the Sydney metro (about 50km radius).

A 4bed/4bath unit 12x10m is made of 3 units, you would hire 1 crane/truck combo + 2 trucks to move the lot.

They are keen to move them off the ADI site as this costs them money, so make an offer.

The units vary in colour, style and size, size is basically the length of the common room and style is whether is handiplank or colour bond.

The hot water units are either gas or electric, be sure you know which you're getting.

I think thats about it.

Regards
Michael G

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Try Broadview Homes, Geof Cohen, 02 9969 8427 or 0438 228 427. Will send info to you by return mail.

Beware. Most finance facilities do not wish to lend on them.

I have only one who was prepared to lend, higher interest rate. Still if that is what you want a 100% of nothing is still nothing.

[email protected]

Back