exchange rate's recovered, how do i lock in funds fast?

I'm currently overseas (deployed with the military) and I'm heading to Europe and England for a holiday in a weeks time. I've been watching the currency rates closely and I think now is a good time to convert AUD to EUD.. but how?

I'm out of Australia so I can't buy travellers cheques (I don't even know how they work.) I'm with the Commonwealth Bank so if they have some electronic currency transfer system I could utilise that (if such a thing exists.. wishful thinking?) I have a sister in London, I could deposit cash into her Commonwealth account, she could then withdraw it in Pounds and convert it to Euro's (messy?)

The other option is I can withdraw US dollars here directly from my pay. I could take the USD with me to Europe and change it over at an exchange booth. The AUD is pretty strong against the USD today and the army offers good exchange rates (obviously they're not trying to make a profit from us.)

Any ideas?

I want to make my hard earned dollars count! :D

I'm currently overseas (deployed with the military) and I'm heading to Europe and England for a holiday in a weeks time. I've been watching the currency rates closely and I think now is a good time to convert AUD to EUD.. but how?

I'm out of Australia so I can't buy travellers cheques (I don't even know how they work.) I'm with the Commonwealth Bank so if they have some electronic currency transfer system I could utilise that (if such a thing exists.. wishful thinking?) I have a sister in London, I could deposit cash into her Commonwealth account, she could then withdraw it in Pounds and convert it to Euro's (messy?)

The other option is I can withdraw US dollars here directly from my pay. I could take the USD with me to Europe and change it over at an exchange booth. The AUD is pretty strong against the USD today and the army offers good exchange rates (obviously they're not trying to make a profit from us.)

Any ideas?

I want to make my hard earned dollars count! :D
Maybe if you can buys the US dollar at a good rate then just have the money in greenbacks,till you can acess your funds in the UK,i took a mate to the airport last night and that's what he was taking with himand he was going too the UK..willair..imho..

Back