exclusive agency agreement??? when listing property

Hi

I have signed a agency agreement with a RE agency. However they have been so slow in responding and I feel that I have had to chase them for answers already ? this cannot go down well.

I don?t know what the general exclusivity is ? can you please confirm if I can approach other agents to simultaneously list my house?

I haven?t got a copy of the contract with me

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi

I have signed a agency agreement with a RE agency. However they have been so slow in responding and I feel that I have had to chase them for answers already ? this cannot go down well.

I don?t know what the general exclusivity is ? can you please confirm if I can approach other agents to simultaneously list my house?

I haven?t got a copy of the contract with me

any advice would be greatly appreciated

How long was the agency agreement...i.e 90 days, and how long to go?

"Exclusive" means just that, exclusive. If your mum wind Lotto and buys the property, you pay commission. "Sole" listing means you cannot employ another agent, but if you find a buyer yourself you don't pay commission. Most RE agents tick the "exclusive" box and you have to specifically state if you want otherwise.

Everything is set out in the contract you signed with the RE agent, including the time length.

If you can't find your copy of the agreement, contact the agent immediately as ask for a copy to be sent to you.

Do NOT employ another agent while the exclusive agency agreement is current. If the other agent sells the property, you may be up for two lots of commission as the exclusive agent is entitled to commission also.
Marg

As above, the agent has the exclusive listing of the property for a set time. Usually anywhere from 30-90 days.

If the property is for sale make sure there isn't a buyer introduction clause as sometimes even past the exclusive period if the original agent first introduced the buyer they can claim a commission.

Back