Exercise - What do you do?

gym strength training 6 days per week

Hey Chris, is this you?

female-111.jpg

Offshore fishing usually 3 times per week ( mornings- weather permitting ), swim 3 afternoons ( 1km) , Golf Tuesdays and beach walk as often as possible. It helps being retired! Don't know how I ever had time to go to work!

That's the shot !

Im gonna follow you very soon I swear (politely).:)

3x 1h PT sessions per week (thank you property - well worth the money!)

Ride to/from work/gym 4-5x per week (12kms per day)

Been fully consumed with golf since starting 4 months ago.
Lost weight and strength.
Previously was pretty regular with weight training.
Back into the weights this week, 4 times/week, need to gain some weight and strength back.

Hiking about 30k per weekend with a 17kg pack (13kg live and wriggling). Who said babies were hard to amuse?! :)

40 minute beach walk every morning.

Hoping to get back to running again soon - had a few set backs health wise.

Selling road bikes at the moment as don't feel comfortable riding where we live (give me Sydney or Canberra any day). Will keep up the mountain biking though and have a trailer for the live weight that handles firetrails pretty well.

Do Pilates twice a week as in the later stages of recovery from back trouble . Been going about three months now and has helped lots . Plan to keep going.

Play volleyball in second and third term . Heaps of fun and a few laughs .

For me:

6 days/w half hour each: 3 body pumps (weight), 1 yoga, 1 ABT, 1 combat.
I try to walk on Sun aiming for 10k steps.

Offshore fishing usually 3 times per week ( mornings- weather permitting ), swim 3 afternoons ( 1km) , Golf Tuesdays and beach walk as often as possible. It helps being retired! Don't know how I ever had time to go to work!

Harro, can I please have your life?

Sounds great.

Hiking about 30k per weekend with a 17kg pack (13kg live and wriggling). Who said babies were hard to entertain

Hi Mooze, can I ask how you take your little one hiking with you? My wife and I really used to enjoy our bush walks (not quite hikes) before we had our son and we have been wondering if there's a way we can start doing them again. Our boy is 6 months old.

I've only just started back on my proper exercise regime - was a bit all over the shop over the last month with renos.

I'm working back into it, but hoping to get up to:

Gym, 5 times per week
Yoga, >3 times per week
Cardio, >2 times per week

And if I can find time, I want to get back into dancing as well, but this is probably not going to happen. I also want to get into gymnastics and circus acrobatics. It's a bit far from my place though, so will probably wait and see what my living arrangements are like in a few months.

Let me guess you don't have kids?! :D

I play tennis (and love it) walk occasionally but really should ride my bike (gathering dust in the shed) do weights and probably yoga, pilates, zumba classes etc... I was also getting up early 3 times a week until about 12mths ago to do boot camp on my front lawn with a small bunch of other crazy people. Trouble is that come 3pm I was struggling to stay awake :D

I'm in more laid-back winter mode right now... mainly consists of catching up on GOT and House Rules episodes whilst enjoying a cuppa on the lounge... :)

When at work it's great as I can attend a 15 minute hardcore core and ab's session each day, as well as Bootcamp, Crossfit, Circuit, Spin, Boxing, Yoga & stretching classes

At home I have a couple of kettlebells, sandbags, battleropes and a skipping rope ( working on stringing more than 5 double under's together at present).

The sandbags are actually gravel bags, I have a 15kg and 20kg one - bags were cheap small and well stitched duffel bags from the army surplus store and I took away some of their plastic rubbish for packing, a bag of gravel from Bunnings and I made up some individual 1kg gravel bags using the bathroom scales and I was good to go...cheap as chips and about 1/20th the price of a store bought sandbag

Hi Mooze, can I ask how you take your little one hiking with you? My wife and I really used to enjoy our bush walks (not quite hikes) before we had our son and we have been wondering if there's a way we can start doing them again. Our boy is 6 months old.

Baby back packs! They are great, storage pouches for food/nappies and rain covers/ sun shields. Kids sit in them for so long, as long as you are on the move, they are entertained!

Zumba 3x week, and will be taking up yoga with my sister in law shortly. I also used to do 2 extend barre classes a week, but since I've been teaching the flute on a couple of afternoons a week after work, that has fallen by the wayside :(

Good post, she looks hot for a mother of three.
A lot of women use the kids as a copout for not exercising.

I forgot to reply earlier about my exercise regime which consists of some weights and swimming, about 1-2 hours a day, 4 days a week.. depending how I feel. I will increase this soon.

Back