External Laundry Chute?

Hi Guys. My first post on here. I am currently finalising some drawings for a renovation on our semi-qld'er here in Brisvegas. One thing that is proving to be a little problematic is the installation of a laundry chute. We will be raising the house with the living area upstairs and the laundry down. So we are trying to find the best way to install a laundry chute. One thing that came to mind which will solve all our problems is installing the laundry chute on the outside of the house. I would anticpate to put the laundry chute door inside the bathroom run the chute on the outside of the house and down to the laundry (vertical). We could run it inside but the chute will need to pass a "mezzanine" level prior to it going into the laundry which won't look too good aesthetically. So i was wondering how practical this would be using stainless steel etc on the outside. Has anyone seen this done anywhere? I figure restaurants run those vents on the outside so i could utilise the same sort of concept.

Any thoughts or suggestions with this idea?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Galvanised air con ducting would work - stainless would be too expensive. There would be off the shelf sections in trade suppliers, or you could get something made up to order.

I guess the question you need to ask yourself is whether you want an ugly shoot visible inside the house, or outside (though you would naturally paint it.

Scott

Hiya!

Considering all the likely expense and the obvious eye sore factor, have you considered scrapping the chute and just carrying a small hamper ( which can of course be neatly tucked away in a cupboard ) when full, down to the laundry? Spend the money on something that looks nice and adds better value maybe? Just a thought.

Hiya!

Considering all the likely expense and the obvious eye sore factor, have you considered scrapping the chute and just carrying a small hamper ( which can of course be neatly tucked away in a cupboard ) when full, down to the laundry? Spend the money on something that looks nice and adds better value maybe? Just a thought.

Yes this was my preferred option. I don't particularly want a chute but my other half does. I even promised her that i would take the laundry down each night once the basket is full ... :) And trying to accommodate the chute internally is being a major design hassle. May need to revisit this with her. Just get the reno done then AFTER the reno if it is proving to be a pain might look at the chute option. Good idea.

Back