Facebook

I'd add you as a friend but i don't really know you or consider you a friend.

I deactivated my account because i don't have time for it these days.

All the best with it though and i hope you have 1000 "friends" in the near future, this can be achieved by putting links to your profile on public forums :)

^ yes it's a real time waster and i don't need to know what someone is doing 3 times a day or have people ask me to join the "pricess diana is still alive" group, etc.

If someone wants to contact me they can send me an email.

Too many privacy issues with facebook these days.

Nice pic by the way :)

pic.php

I have yet to be tempted to join facebook. I hear the MIL has a page there, as do one or two other people I know around the place.

The ones I talk to online all say they hate facebook and it annoys the crap out of them but it is a necessary evil and they can't get rid of it.

I love Facebook.

It seems to have different purposes for different people.

I certainly don't have 470 'friends' on Facebook, as the people I connect with there are people who actually are my friends and family. I have had friends of friends ask to be my 'friend' but I don't accept them.

I find Facebook useful for things like - sharing photos of my children, catching up socially without having to send out a pile of individual emails, etc, and there is a limited amount of people who I feel comfortable sharing this sort of thing with.

Some people seem to attach importance to collecting 100s of Facebook friends, really want to seem popular or something -I find that whole concept a bit pathetic and sad.

Then there are others (and I suspect Xenia is one of these) who collect 100s of 'friends' as a networking expercise. If you have a product or business to promote - it is probably a great idea, and good business practise.

I like Facebook for allowing me a convenient way to connect with people I actually like to see in real life, but there are other uses for it, which I respect.

Caroline

i barely have time for ss ... let alone some networking internet sites!

i'd rather see my friends for real - over a lunch and glass of something.

i barely have time for ss ... let alone some networking internet sites!

i'd rather see my friends for real - over a lunch and glass of something.

Hot chocolate? :D

Me too, me too and I do try to meet people very regularly personal is best I do agree.

Up to 500 now, thanks ss people :cool:

shuggy, love the big portrait of me, jeez any bigger :)

Back to work....

I think Xenia is using FB for networking so the more friends/associates the better.

Sorry Xenia but I don't really know you well enough to add you.

I think when you have real friends and family on FB that you care about and keep it private, it's different and becomes extremely valuable tool to keep in contact with them on a daily basis. Just through looking at photos, status updates, videos etc C'mon..who has the time to ring everybody frequently? with FB, I know all my friends birthdays...it's brilliant.

On my FB, you can find out so much info about me and my family. I upload photos frequently and have done so for the past few yrs...back to 2006 I think. It's great..especially really old friends and to see what they've bene up to the past 10 years.

Even birth announcement was first updated on FB. My friend announced her baby's birth literally mins after she gave birth on FB via her mobile phone and with newborn pics.

My hubby has loads of friends though...easily over 2000 but slimmed it back down to a more manageable level but he doens't know lots of them...it's hi spoker buddies and gangwar friends...all the silly games he plays.

I also have some somersoft buddies on my FB friends list.

I "waste" so much time here on SS that the last thing I want to do is sit for longer at the computer checking out Facebook :eek:.

Hi Sue, Yes networking is what it's about. It's what makes businesses successful.

No need to apologise for the non ad, does not worry me at all!
I don't get into baby pics, just business and investing, that's all!!!

I have not become successful in business by persuing people that say no, infact I so much prefer no's to maybe's in business because I can just cross them off and get on with the next prospect.

my motto in life is that I don't chase buses or business there is always another one around the corner. I'm sure others will agree ;)

Hi Xenia,

FB is great that people can find it useful for different reasons. There's nothing wrong with networking on FB too ;)

You might want to turn off the feeds in your FB security coz you are going to get lots of babies, photos, updates, even friends of friends etc stuff that you are not into.

I "waste" so much time here on SS that the last thing I want to do is sit for longer at the computer checking out Facebook :eek:.

wylie - try it! you will be converted. all my friends that say they won't join are now addicts. It's not time consuming like SS....I do check FB often but not long. Sometimes though I will have a quick chat to my friends who are online.

wylie - try it! you will be converted. all my friends that say they won't join are now addicts.
I joined Myspace a while back because everyone said it was fantastic. I just don't 'get' it. Yeah, right, a blurb about me and a friend or two, haven't touched it for yeaaaaars now. Can't see FB being any different, except the MIL thing.

Back