Facing a war

It is a depressing thought but a war seems very possible the way US & Russia are behaving.
Sorry about bringing this up. I grew up in a war-torn place so I can't stop worrying about it!

Now, if that happens, what can we do (financially) to protect our families?
Would buying a property in a different country can help?
Is it better to keep relatively large amount of money under our pillows?
Is it better to buy a self-sufficient house middle of nowhere?
Should we own a caravan so that we can move but have a place to sleep?

What can help to survive?

War - I doubt it. Another Cold-War maybe, especially the way authority seems to be pervading all sections of every day life.

Slowly boiled frog and all that.

The Bilderbergs want Russia neutralised and the Saudis destabilised. Work from that what you will.

All out war I don't believe and if it happens there would be nowhere to hide.

Localised conflicts heavily influenced by either side like we see in the Ukraine and Syria/Iraq will be never ending.

hmmm, as an aside. During the post 2003 invasion of Iraq and resulting insurgency and instability, many Iraqis fled to nearby Jordan and (then stable) Syria causing housing crises in the capitals of both (Amman & Damascus). Rents and house prices soared and many locals who felt priced out of the market felt bitterness towards them for this.

hmmm, as an aside. During the post 2003 invasion of Iraq and resulting insurgency and instabiilty, many Iraqis fled to nearby Jordan and (then stable) Syria causing housing crises in the capitals of both (Amman & Damascus). Rents and house prices soared and many locals who felt priced out of the market felt bitterness towards them for this.

They should have gotten a good job that pays well

Yes, this is quite sad. Anyone following all sides of the global news channels (i.e. Russian sources + Chinese sources + our own Western agenda media) has been watching this slowly unfold over the last 10 years or so.

It really does seem the end game is a US - Russian war, or at the very least, a deliberate weakening of Russia.

Over the last five years we've witnessed the invasion/fall of the following countries:
- Iraq
- Afghanistan
- Libya
- Egypt

Currently in progress:
- Syria
- Yemen
- Ukraine

Currently being turned into debt slavery / under EU financial control / demonised as 'lazy' in our media
- Greece

Currently being set up / demonised in the Western media
- Iran
- Russia
- Venezuela (recently listed as a 'threat to US national security').

Here is some info on the timelines - http://rt.com/usa/190048-usa-bombing-six-country/

I honestly believe the best thing we can do to help to survive is to question and protest against our government on it's support for these invasions / staged coups and/or vote for the few minor political parties that are against these costly and useless wars.

Reactions: Biz
don't forget Gates' greatest fear...epidemic. Anyone that is switched on will have a self sufficient bolt hole to flee to if a Spanish Flu type outbreak occurs. What that is exactly is up to your imagination but I have my ideas that I will be putting into place in the near future. I would suggest a firearm be part of your kit.

don't forget Gates' greatest fear...epidemic.
There's many unlikely events that have low probability of occurring (but non-zero) & are completely out of our control... mostly not worth worrying about unless you have excess spare cash. Epedemic isn't top of the Doomsday scenarios list though.
Anyone that is switched on will have a self sufficient bolt hole to flee to if a Spanish Flu type outbreak occurs.
I once considered buying a cheap 1000 acres within 200km of each capital city with permanent water supply, and selling a 99 year lease for each acre. A small annual maintenance fee would cover rates. With the right marketing the less wealthy catastrophisers among us should jump at it - it would be v. cheap insurance for lots of doomsday scenarios.

I watched a documentary on anti-biotics the other day and it terrified me. We're using it haphazardly in crops, stock, soaps etc, that eventually we're going to be easily wiped out by super bugs. The black death x 1000. Scary stuff to consider. Forget war, this to me was a more terrifying prospect.

The real scary stuff that's happening under everyone's nose is the decline of the humble honey bee.

Pesticides, mites & disease have affected bees all over the world. Australia one of the few places relatively unaffected and is now exporting bees for the sole purpose of pollinating crops overseas.

The vast majority of crops we consume are pollinated by bees (don't know the specific figures, but it's above 70%). Without this service, we'll face ongoing food shortages, worldwide.

The chances of a zombie outbreak are negligible. A serious disease like Spanish flu is plausible. Reduction of crop pollination by bees is actually happening already.

The next time you think of smuggling fruit, animal or timber products through Australian customs, please reconsider.

With regard to war: There has been a major paradigm shift during the latter half of the 20th century that drastically lessens any risk of all out war between two major economies. Firstly, we still have the concept of mutually assured destruction that prevented the cold war escalating to WWIII and additionally we have seen the occurrence of globalisation. Despite what the hippies might say, globalisation is one of the largest factors contributing towards world peace: major economies are so intertwined that war in very unlikely, previously there was money to be made in warfare, now the risk to trade is so great that both nations would suffer. The U.S will never go to war with China or Russia without another huge paradigm shift.

Beelzebub.

The chances of a zombie outbreak are negligible.

But if it does happen we have an idea of how to fight it.

"When Zombies Attack!: Mathematical Modelling of an Outbreak of Zombie Infection," [pdf] by Philip Munz, Ioan Hudea, Joe Imad and Robert J, Smith?. In "Infectious Disease Modelling Research Progress," eds. J.M. Tchuenche and C. Chiyaka, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. pp. 133-150, 2009.

You might laugh but it is important to imagine and model weird diseases and vectors, because someday we might encounter something totally different.

Speaking of that; "The Walking Dead" tonight!!

"The Governor" bought the farm care of Michonne last night, and Herschelle bought it care of the Governor...the tank smashed down the fences at the prison....it's all happening. :D

Follow it up with a dose of "Wayward Pines", then an episode of "Top Gear"...all washed down with a wine and some chocolate..

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!! :D:D:D

"The Governor" bought the farm care of Michonne last night, and Herschelle bought it care of the Governor...the tank smashed down the fences at the prison....it's all happening. :D

Didn't that episode release over a year ago?

When I watched the 90s remake of 'Dawn of the Dead', I decided that the odds of survival were negligible and the quality of life would be even worse. Better to just embrace un-death.

Didn't that episode release over a year ago?
They've been re-running the whole thing on Foxtel..up to series 4 at the moment.

When I watched the 90s remake of 'Dawn of the Dead', I decided that the odds of survival were negligible and the quality of life would be even worse. Better to just embrace un-death.
Yeah; tough one.

I think I'd still keep on fighting. I reckon you'd get good at avoiding them and managing the whole thing - if you lived long enough.

Last edited:
If the zombies shuffle around moaning like the Walking Dead, people have a fighting chance. Zombies that sprint, aka Dawn of the Dead or 28 days/weeks later, humanity is toast. You get through that with blind luck - unless you're Brad Pitt.

Back on topic, the honey bee shortage is probably going to lead to some very nasty events due to food shortages. Honey prices have risen a lot faster than real estate. Bee keepers now make a lot of money simply renting their hives for pollination purposes (and they keep the honey).

If the zombies shuffle around moaning like the Walking Dead, people have a fighting chance. Zombies that sprint, aka Dawn of the Dead or 28 days/weeks later, humanity is toast. You get through that with blind luck - unless you're Brad Pitt.

Back on topic, the honey bee shortage is probably going to lead to some very nasty events due to food shortages. Honey prices have risen a lot faster than real estate. Bee keepers now make a lot of money simply renting their hives for pollination purposes (and they keep the honey).

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...ve&ssui=on#safe=active&tbm=isch&q=homer+sugar

Follow it up with a dose of "Wayward Pines", then an episode of "Top Gear"...all washed down with a wine and some chocolate..

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!! :D:D:D

Stop watching right there because it's all down hill after that.

Back