Fairfield, NSW

Yep...I agree....particularly Campsie.

I was amazed at what the the Asian community is paying for 2 brm unit!:eek:

Decent 2 bedders are now over 300K.....only 6 months ago you could have got one for 260K.

Same thing is happening in Belmore. I just sold out of Punchbowl...agree with you on Lakemba & Yagoona.

I agree but would go Campsie and Bankstown before Fairfield.

I grew up a couple suburbs away and wouldn't touch it.

Its no different to many low income, high multicultural, western suburbs. A bit worse than most.

Why did they say its a good suburb to buy in Silver?

Something about rental being high and recent growth.. but the seminar was more of a "blablabla buy this.. use our services" it was 4% actual information.. so yeah i wouldnt go on anything they say... but thats just what they said. Personally, i wouldnt invest in anything in fairfield, i just dont think its a very attractive place to live and there are alot better areas.

i share the same sentiments as JoeC and silver and would not invest in fairfield.

commercial/office property in fairfield city is dead. there seems to b a high vacancy rate especially for office. slow GROWTH...maybe even worse than before in some areas. the residential newer units dont seem to be performing well.

like travel bug mentioned fairfield alone covers alot of ground. you should also look into smithfield, fairfield west and other neighbouring areas which are more residentially concentrated. there have been MANY redevelopment (subdivision) activity around the aforementioned areas in the past twelve months (based on observation)

to expand on sash:

demographics
cabramatta: vietnamese, chinese, cambodian + serbian, croatian

fairfield: bit more diverse + Assyrian, Lebanese, growth in Somalians (as another poster mentioned), more middle eastern backgrounds occupants

on a side note, i am a property student and came across this site doing research for my invesment analysis report (my focal point being cabramatta...an area im optimisitic about :D ). hoping to pick up and learn a few things from this forum. hi to all.

you might find this recent (sept 4 article) in the SMH useful. YES, all low vacancy rates are concentrated around the 2166 - 67 area
however, among those, fairfield is ranked 6th. have a look @ the other areas on the list.

good luck to the OP with his/her investment decisions

http://www.smh.com.au/national/top-10-easiest-and-hardest-postcodes-to-find-a-rental-20090904-fb0p.html

Last edited:
I know this thread is a bit old now, but it made me wonder....... are the vacancy rates low becuase there is a lot of demand and even though there is quite a supply it just cant keep up, or is it because not many investors are willing to invest in the areas and therefore, in general, there are not many properties for rent?

Don't know much about the areas except what I have read here and opinion seemd to be split between those who love it and does who won't go near it so I'd love to hear some more.

thanks

Back