Fantastic Success Story

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

gimme yours you bastard:)
I have found a broker who can finance (as an owner occupied, not buy to let) property at 5% down. Now as we all know, you _intended_ to spend a lot more time in the UK didn't you? If you are genuinely serious I will give you his email. I have stuffed around my agents in the US through people not being serious, so I will vet the response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

There is no problem getting residential mortgages of 95, 100 or even 125% but it is for residential purposes only.

Of course, people here get them and 'change their mind' but you will have a hard job convincing lenders that you are intending to reside if you apply from Oz.

Don't even think about getting resi mortgages and then letting them out without informing your lender - I say this to people all the time and they just don't get it - your insurance is invalid if you create an additional risk (or words to that effect) and letting out the property without telling the lender is an additional risk so it is uninsured. Not to mention the fact that if circumstances of residency change the lender has a right to call the loan - clearly laid out in the mortgage contract.

No problem in 'changing your mind' just tell them before you let it and pay the admin charge or 1/4% interest they add on.

Lisa.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Banks have you anyway. Ask not why you can't, ask only how you can. Taken me years of research and some dedicated helpers! I have done very well in US, same same there, if I can live in USA and Australia, why shouldn't I live in UK as well!
I shall campaign for my RIGHT to have babies!
Also CBA now don't charge more for buy to let, so the % increase is irrelevant now. Other banks will follow

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

You go, boyfriend!

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Back