Fantastic Success Story

Reply: 1

Good story. Quick clarification:

"The portfolio stands at more than 70 properties and that has been achieved in a period of less than 10 months. A number of houses have been sold and they produced more than $170,000 profit in the first year."

... is this the same Michael ..that claimed during his freestyler's presentations this year .. that he was buying "30 properties a month"?

cheers

Waverly

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1.1

Yeah.

I think I read somewhere it is now over 100 or something like that.

Rick
Brisbane Freestyler Co-Ordinator

Reply: 1.1.1

Good for the grocer but if he "dosent touch negative geared properties with a barge pole" he aint buyin in sydney or melb or any major capital city with any capital growth potential. And his plan as he told the freestylers meeting of 30 a month may have been a tad exaggerated those numbers dont stack.Anyone can go and buy a pos gear property at dubbo north of christchurch south west but try and sell the sucker

Reply: 1.1.1.1

There is a saying that says

"always reach for the stars, you may not quite reach one but you sure as hell won't come up with a handful of mud either."

How many of the people here on the forum own in excess of 100 properties - rural areas or not.

I also wouldn't mind a profit of $170,000 !

Stop cutting down the poppies !

Rick

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Rick,
The point is that as with your esteemed leader, there are many questions un-answered. I haven't read the story yet, but unless you hear an honest, no fibs story, people question. What they _don't_ question is the fact the guys done well, but once you openly exaggerate you are stuffed from a credibility point of view. There is no need for exaggeration as the real story is usually better.
I just read it. Rich Dad's stuff is all the same, broad brush outlines, and nothing nitty gritty. Easy to exaggerate!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Jeremy,

No idea where the leader comment came from.

Just found it on the rich dad forum thought a few of you may have found it interesting.

Rick

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

This guy's reference to building equity through adding on carports is identical to the story I saw on Dolf de Roo's video-Mmmmmm.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Rick,
Your esteemed leader is of course the slippery (bordering on lying) Nivia. I thought you would have known.....

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

On 7/29/02 12:53:00 PM, Jeremy Laws wrote:
>Rick,
>Your esteemed leader is of
>course the slippery (bordering
>on lying) Nivia. I thought you
>would have known.....

That's a bit rough isn't it Jeremy!? I know it's become a bit of a running joke that you have an "issue" with the fact TW won't reveal how many properties she owns...but does it matter? Is she a canny business operator - without doubt...but that's something different from being a big fibber!

I gather that your position is that because you think she holds herself out as a property guru then you should be able to go through her accounts to prove she's on the level and not exaggerating. I suggest that you instead critically consider her info and make your own decision about whether it works or not. From memory you're doing very well with your own investing style...so why not chill out and let it go... ;^)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Rick,
No its not rough at all. TW profits (financially) from everyone else being open and honest, yet she never says anything of interest about herself to anyone. No one else on this forum does that. She has done well, but I suspect that she has exaggerated to the extent that the real position now cannot be revealed for fear of looking silly. Several very senior members of the forum have contacted me and said they feel the same, so it isn't just me! She's done well, but a lot of people have. The best of them are happy to share successes and failures. I probably wouldn't have commented, but I got very annoyed when I got three emails in one day urging me not to ignore a vitally important speaker at a Freestylers TM meeting. When I complained about the number (if an offer is good enough wouldn't one have been sufficient!) the delightful Mr Forward emailed me AGAIN! The words money grubbing sprang to mind, but I didn't say that to anyone cos it seemed churlish! Write a book, or become Henry Kaye if you want to make money, at least be blatant about it, and don't use as your principal forum a 'free' service hosted by the ever generous Somers!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Can someone please explain how the ranking goes on this Forum? I wasn't aware that it had 'senior' or 'junior' members - I thought we were all in this together. How does one get promoted and what are the benefits?

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Goodness me - so what if you don't know the size of someone portfolio (get straight in there on my first post here)

I have to say - I consider myself to be successful. I have some property, I have a fantastic property website, a thriving property discussion forum of my own, I hold property events and I give give give help to people every day - I am successful because I am happy.(even if I cant spell)

I would also say I do not ever tell anyone how many properties I have or my income - I consider that I "give" enough of myself, my time and my energy to so many people I am entitled to keep some things private.

We are all entitled to some sort of private life - just because people are successful does not give everyone the right to their bank statements.

<b><font size=3>Wannabie Kiwi - Lea

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

What I want to know is how we measure portfolios ?

Net worth ?
Capital value ?
Net income ?
Gross income ?
Number of properties ?
Number of titles ?
Number of tenants ?
Land holding size ?
Growth rate ?
Age you started ?
Smallest amount of tax paid ?
Size of ego ?

;-)

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2

Well,
The very first time I met TW on the chat, she asked me, in no particular order, 1)how much I earned 2)how many properties I owned 3) where were they and 4)how long it took to buy them all. I had no problem with this until I asked her! Well bugger me with a fish fork if she answered any of them! Hence I get miffed when she doesn't! Not bloody fair! In my humble opinion! Esp when she bases an income stream on such stuff!!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1

Actually Jeremy, the very first time I met you in the chat room, ( have never met you in person), I asked all the basic getting to know you questions that I ask everyone, to get conversation started and make the new people feel welcome, I usually did the asking, because others were in whisper mode discussing stuff, and its disturbing when a new person comes into chat and no one speaks to them. The questions I would have asked you, would have been, 1. What do you do for a living? Not how much do you earn. 2. Are you into property? What type is usually my next question, followed closely by where, ascertaining if you were a Sydney person or a Brisbane person etc etc, usually if it’s a Brisbane person YIPPEEEE, I know the areas they are talking about and I can chat about them., I wouldn’t have asked you how long it took you to buy them all, I would have asked when did you start in property. All of it was conversational. I chatted back about my property in return. But you asked me for exact specifics of my portfolio, which I thought was really weird, and you have been obsessed with it ever since. Let it go, or phone me, you have my number, and get whatever it is you have on your chest of it.

TW

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1

It's not weird cos you asked me those questions first! And you did basically ask what I earned!

Hope you are better!

Jeremy

PS I was actually in the chat before you, if my memory serves me correctly. I was in on Day 1 of new software! It was interesting putting a personality to the frequent poster. I was surprised how young you were. You were asking everyone there everything you could, and never answered a single question directly....nothing's changed!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1

Oh my god - you're all turning into English people!! I thought it was only on our forums that people got personal and attacking - i've been telling everyone how understanding and motivational you all are - don't change!!

I never tell anyone how many properties I have either for what its worth - its like asking someone what they earn and most of us would never do that. But there are far more serious reasons not to reveal your true worth; blackmailers, fraudsters, the tax office to name but a few!! I think its plain common sense myself.

Furthermore, how could your worth or your portfolio size possibly affect the value of what you do or your information?

I give out loads of advice on UK forums - much of it i learned in other aspects of property rather than actually owning any but the fact that I didn't own any didn't make my advice any less worthy or welcome. I do own properties now and have for some while but my advice is not treated any differently from before just because I do.

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -- Orison Swett Marden

Lisa

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1

Well Lisa, I also deal with the UK a bit, and people are people! Good for the Gander good for the goose, I would have thought! You can't be nosy without expecting the same thing in return. I am not implying anyone here is a goose of course! BTW I have a broker in UK now, that provided you can get a UK passport as an Australian resident you can buy properties there for 5% down! Thats a pretty good deal!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1

G'day Jeremy

Can you repeat that for me please. 5% down if you hold a UK passport but don't live there???

Can you please impart a touch more info on this for me please, as I'm interested in getting back into the UK market and I've got the UK passport.

Cheers,
Robert

Get your Property Inspection Reports @
http://www.CreativeFinance.com.au

Back