Fantasy's and Winning 2.5 mil in my Works Lotto Syndicate

haha I have a funny story to tell ya :D

Today when one of my co-workers emailed us all with the scanned lotto ticket for tonights $50 million draw people started to reply back with their fantasy photo... what they would do with the money if they won 2.5 mil.

1st person
Picture of a tropical desert island

2nd person
Photo of a Boat

3rd person
Photo of Ferrari with beautiful women

4th person
Photo of Shoes

5th person
Was me.

I copied a photo of a property from realestate.com and on top of the photo my caption read
6 or 7 of these!! :D

This lady was walking past at the time and laughed. She thought it was so funny. She said to me Kim that isn't a fantasy!! it has to be something that really is a fantasy. This is realistic for you. I giggled, then I said. Yeah I'll get there but if I won, I could buy them all tomorrow, so I believe it is a fantasy.

Hmmm anyway. People were being honest with their photos in their replies, so i thought, well why not. Dreaming of winning the lotto and the properties I would buy with the winnings. :p

yeah I think the same

If I spend the money, and beleive me, I coudl do it.. or maybe not, nah I'd manage just fine. But if I d d that, then I'd havae to go back to my crappy now $.. $2.5m... dont know what Id invest in, but I'd put my hand up for a redundancy from work !

Lol, i bought a ticket for tonight's draw too, unfortunately i didn't win.

If i had won the $50mil though i think i would've done the following:

- Half to charity
- $5mil or so for toys, including shoes, car, my own house, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, oh! and shoes :p
- With the rest, invest, invest, invest and possibly give some back to the parents for all their hard work over the last 18 years.

Although boyfriend and i came to an agreement a little while ago, so i have to give some to him to play with too. (I'm such a good girlfriend :) )

Oh! And i'd keep working, not because i'm greedy but because i haven't worked full time for long and if i enjoy my job, why not? Although, if i didn't i'd be packing my bags for good, rather than just my overseas trips :D

The $50m was split 3 ways tonight (around $17m per winner).

I bought a couple of tickets (always do in the big draws), won the lowest division, probably have around $15 coming my way....wooo :cool: (after spending a lot more :p)

I honestly don't think I would be able to spend that much of a $17m win...I would spend maybe $1m on a house...$20k for a second motorbike...a bit on travel...have everything else I need really. Would have a lot of fun spreading some wealth with family and friends I think and just keep a huge nest egg for investing.

Would have a lot of fun spreading some wealth with family and friends I think and just keep a huge nest egg for investing.

I had an interesting experience recently with a lotto winner, this couple won $600k earlier this year.

I know them reasonable well but not in there tight circle of friends or family. I have sort of guided them on their investment journey over the last 6 years and they have gone from 1 ppor to a total of 10 properties and about $3m in equity. It was all about building something to give to the kids and grandkids later on as money meant "nothing to them".

What amazed me is they said "we are not telling anyone but you and the accountant because it is not enough to share around if it was $1m we would have given some to the kids".

Really surprised me as the investing was supposed to be about the family then they got a big chunk of free money that could have made a big difference to their kids in their 20's and they did not even tell them.

So while it is easy to say "family and friends" would you change when the money was actually in your account? Human nature is an interesting thing!

So while it is easy to say "family and friends" would you change when the money was actually in your account? Human nature is an interesting thing!
Money has been known to change people!

What they say makes sense though. $600k wouldn't go that far in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of money and probably a life changer, but it's not going to set you up to never work another day in your life like a larger win would.

If I won under a million dollars I would probably keep it reasonably tight lipped as well. If I won $17m, then what's a lousy $1-2m spent on family and friends...

Back