FAQ: Acronyms, Abbreviations, TLAs, & Glossary

Originally posted by dtraeger2k
Hi all,

Is it a coincidence you forgot REIWA, REISA, REIV, REIT. (Who cares about Queensland?:p)

And also the PER airport code. Then again, no one flies over here anyway. And PQQ for Port Macquarie, although I can't remember where I got that from, probably mirc.

And for authors, some ppl have been referring to Margaret Lomas as ML.

-Regards

Dave

Ta Dave, it was a brain dump and a quick search on the forum... so I'm happy for more.

Jas

Thanks Rixter and Harris, I am going to learn a little more about this. Thanks Harris for giving me some sites to read.

Toni

DYODD = Do Your Own Due Diligence.

(In other words, don't rely on information that someone else provides, which may - or may not - be correct. This goes along with Caveat Emptor i.e. let the buyer beware!!)

Cheers
LynnH

Amazing to see and read all of the guru property investors that used to frequent this site 5 years ago and don't contribute anymore. :(

I wonder how they are all going ??

Amazing to see and read all of the guru property investors that used to frequent this site 5 years ago and don't contribute anymore. :(

I wonder how they are all going ??

They have out grown SS & off living their self funded ideal lifestyles. :cool:

Maybe they are sitting round the BBQ with their feet up, having a chinwag with Ian and Jan about the chumps who haven't quite made it yet....

Just checking out this very useful thread as a newbie to the forum.

One post has been deleted and the reason given was "troll".

Can I do a Pauline and say "Please explain"

Thanks

Slim:)

Troll

Hi Slim,
Welcome to the forum. To quote Wikipedia, " A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. "
You will occasionally get people who come on here for a while and just go against what everyone is saying, without having any factual data to back it up. They rub everyone up the wrong way and don't last long as all they are trying to do is get confrontation, so the best thing to do is just ignore them, hence comes the term, "Don't feed the trolls".

Enjoy the forum mate.

JIM

Help

Hi all!

What does P.O.S.C stand for? I'm seeing it everywhere recently but I can't figure it out. Or is it actually C.O.S.C i.e. Council Open Space Contribution?

Back