Fat Duck, Melbourne

Best kebab (or Greek gyros) in brisbane.. Ouzeri on boundary st west end. Soooooooo good. Awesome chips and grilled haloumi too :cool:

my wife and I were so disappointing at the price, we had 'earmarked' about 750 to 1k for this and even then it would have been a huge stretch for us but at about 1.6k by the time you put in drinks there is no way we can justify it.

It all depends what you love.
Heston is a scientist. He uses pots and pans as his test tubes ... Or test tubes as his pots and pans occasionally.

He is a true genius in his field.
I'd pay to support people like him who reach heights most of us don't fathom.

Spent $500 on vue de monde degustation meal.
4 hours of theatre as food.

Worth every penny.

It's actually being underwritten by Crown, and they're reserving x number of seats for their high rollers. Heston said that to make it break even, he'd need to be charging about $10k a seat, which no one is going to pay.

Of course it's all marketing, and the ballot is there to create exclusivity and hype. Smart marketing, good luck to him. He's one of the few top chefs I'd be tempted to outlay this kind of money, but I figure unless you get a very early seat it's unlikely to be him, just something he's designed.

I say Duck Fat got the first two letters around the wrong way ?

To exxyy for this Duck

No sir, name already taken in Springvale

3649641531_f2031d363b.jpg

The Y-man

MTR, which kabab did you have here that you can claim is the best kabab?

The best kabab I ever had was from Sydney with garlic sauce, Yum!!

LW
Sorry, don't remember the name, but near Little Collin Street, just a random lunch that turned out to be brilliant. Next time I am in Melb, I have to go, that's if I can find it again:p

LW
Sorry, don't remember the name, but near Little Collin Street, just a random lunch that turned out to be brilliant. Next time I am in Melb, I have to go, that's if I can find it again:p

Yeah

Who cares about Fat Duck. We need an address as I love kebab's and souvlaki!

I might have to wash my current "jonesy" and take it for a drive to the big smoke tonight and find this little haunt!

Regards,

alicudi

Best Kebab,i've had has been from Westall from a greek guy,great pizzas too.The worst kebab from an indian couple,cnr high st Ashburton,nice shiny lights though?

All the reviews have said its out of this worLd

to have a price tag like that. And have people fly in from around the world and to impress like that. It must be damn damn damn good

Good on him and them!

Frankly, been given a wet towel and a finger bowl would blow my world haha

Back