Fax software

The only thing I can't seem to see is the option for sending it with more than one email address, i.e. sometimes I might want to send a fax from my computer and sometimes my hubby will want to send a fax from his computer.
utbox allows you to add other email addresses that are authorised to use the account.

From what I can see, utbox and mbox are very similar, with the main difference being:

* utbox charges 14c per page rather than 18c for outgoing faxes (within Aus)
* utbox charges 14c per outgoing SMS rather than 15c (within Aus)
* mbox charges min $9.95 per month for the ability to receive incoming faxes - utbox charge no ongoing fee, just 5c per page to receive faxes, receiving SMS is free
* utbox outgoing credits expire in 12 months ($59.95), mbox credits last 18 months

I can't imagine many situations under which mbox would be price-competitive with utbox. When I saw that mbox credits last longer, I thought that was good for low-volume users... but you have to pay $9.95/m for the ability to receive incoming faxes!

I guess if you only need to send a low volume of outgoing faxes, and don't need to receive, mbox may be the go. But if you need incoming fax ability, I should think utbox has the price edge.

You need to test them out to see what works best for you ... don't just make one or two calls - live with the service for a couple of weeks and see whether you're happy with the quality and functionality.

well the only reason i want it is because people usually have more trust in a business when they see a landline number on a website, rather than mobile.

as business is internet based, i don't get to make too many calls, and that is covered by having a capped account.

this nodephone solution doesn't look too expensive, so i might give that ago

Rolf: no PABX here, and no one to make use of it either as it's a home business :)

don't get overly concerned about email security in general terms ... it is the PCs at either end you need to worry about, not the email itself.

Well, that's what I was thinking (spyware, etc). I hadn't even thought of getting it from the mail server, which as you say would be much harder.

I've been using Mbox for years and found it great. You can easily set it up so that voicemail and faxes are sent to any of your email addresses. It's also very simple to fax any document through the Mbox service.

Back