Feaso for Albany Creek Qld

Hi,
Just wanted to get some feed back on feasibilities' and how do you calculate?
I am having difficulty to with our PPOR in A/C. Some background:
809m2 corner block very close to amenities with good "rural" outlook. Approx. 2 REA contacts per month asking if we are interested in selling?
Options:
1. Straight 1 to 2 subdivision which would be small lot, retain extg. house which is located to the front on 440m2 (to retain 7*5m deck) and build new 3/2/2 lowset on 360m2 with secondary street access. The question is seeing that the area is predominately mum + dad quarter acre blocks how do you value the new properties on smaller lots with zero historical comparisons?
My feaso:
Current value $450,000 (based on unsolicited offers)
Subdivision $80,000
New 3/2/2 low set $220,000
Total costs $750,000
Extg house new value $415,000 (Is this a reasonable adjustment for smaller block?)
New house $465,000
Total value $880,000
On paper not a world beating return (17% less associated selling costs and taxes) but aim is to retain as IP and let compounding work it's magic.

2. Wait for new town plan with potential for rezoning to allow 3 separate dwellings. Again how do you value for feasibility purposes when there is not much to compare with.

Constructive criticism encouraged.

If you can hold out for the new plan then the higher density can't hurt.

MBRC is doing some interesting things in the new plan. If you are happy to PM me the address I will give you some thoughts on what the draft plan means for your site through here (sans identifying info)

Great PM sent.

Thanks for the input, I believe a colleague of yours (B) has freely provided input on the draft town plan to me via an email I sent to your organisation (I just noticed the connection). But I am happy for a public response for educational purposes as this development hopefully unfolds.

Next Generation Neighbourhood, Great zoning to be in.
Up to 4 storeys and 12m in height

http://consult.moretonbay.qld.gov.a...pointId=s1361751727729#section-s1361751727729

Check out the list of what you can build there in the tables at the above link.

You can subdivde down to 187.5m2 7.5m wide by 25m as self assessable if you are within proximity of whole range of uses. Even without it looks like you can go 4 lots, but the 4 storey units or one of the commercial uses would most likely provide a better return.

D

When reading through the draft plan you cant help but get the feeling they say one thing but reality (based on all the conditions) may well be another.
Yes we are in a Next Gen Neighbourhood, which has what looks like on paper attractive options but the constrictive conditions don't make development attractive.

Next Gen Neighbourhood - Tick
Within 800m of business centre - Tick
Min 800m2 - Tick
Eligible for Multi dwelling (max 6) as per comments above - Tick
but.........
Density 15-45 dwellings per hectare, great you can build 3 dwellings - Cross development no longer looks so good.
Car parks 3 per dwelling, are you serious MBRC do you really want development or not - Cross

Density is across the area, so you can argue for higher on yours it is across zone density.

Where did you get the max 6 units from?

1.5 car parks per dwelling

Table 5.5.6.3 for max of 6, although having looked at that now I think I see where you are heading; that is for self assessable?
Table 7.0.1 for 3 car spaces for multi dwelling.

Back