Feedback on quote

Hello,

I've received the below quote for repairs/cleaning. Just wanted to check whether this is reasonable (it seems on the high side - especially the first two items) and whether a lot this work can be claimed on insurance? We are with Terri Scheer. Thanks :)

Attachments

• invoice.png
    invoice.png
    586.9 KB · Views: 158
If unsure, get another quote.

As a general rule, cleaning and removal of goods/rubbish are not covered under landlord policies.

Do not dispose of anything belonging to the tenant until you check the legal time frame to do so.
Marg

For reference, a wrecker will pay you $300 and come and collect a car. Heaps of ads on Gumtree. They will try and bargain and offer $100 etc but if you are firm you can get $300. Put an ad on gumtree yourself and they will ring you.

I have never had them ask for any paperwork etc, but you would want to be sure about being allowed to remove it before doing so.

It seems Terri Scheer covers $500 worth of goods removal but that's it.

We checked with Terri Scheer when it looked like a tenant would leave a heap of junk (thankfully he didn't) and were told that removal of goods was not covered. Maybe different cover for different states.
Marg

The tenants bond is used for cleaning and removal of rubbish, loss of rent and damage are the things you want to be claiming from your insurance.

The quote for removal of all items in a 4 bedroom house is very, very good. The cleaning is probably reasonable too if it's as filthy as my experience would suggest.

Seems pretty reasonable. I had a 4 bedder trashed the rubbish removal and cleaning bill was way more than that

everything looks pretty good to me, rubbish removal is quite cheap

however $460 for essentially a bond clean is way over the top,
bond cleans are usually $250, 8 hours x $30, that is unless ,there is feces, and mud and its a bomb site inside

I am guessing the house is completely trashed and the tenants have done a runner?
Quite frankly the top two prices are cheap if it's in a really bad state and there is a lot of stuff. Last year we had a doozy and it took a 4cubic metre skip and 7 trailer loads to get rid of the rubbish. the skip was $300 and it took 3 days. then another 2 solid weeks of cleaning, patching and painting.
The best way to judge if it's value for money when you are new to this is do the first few clean ups yourself :D
Trust me, it will seem like a bargain after that.
Disclaimer, I have done a few of these with my rentals and the general demographic that rent them.

Back