Feedback on subject tos

Hi all
I've been reading posts for the last hour or so, as I am thinking of making an offer - I'm in no rush and dont have a heart set on anything inparticular.

I've inspected a property that has not had much interest and the seller is moving away.
I'm thinking the following, thoughts and feedback much appreciated

Subject to Finance with buyers approval
Subject to Building inspection with buyers approval
Subject to Pest inspection with buyers approval
Subject to electrical, plumbing inspection with buyers approval
Subject to all appliances, doors and locks in good working order with buyers approval
Offer is good until close of business XX/XX/XXXX
Settlement within X days
An offer to Vendor, that a tenancy agreement be negotiated should they wish to reside in the property after settlement has been completed @ $X for X time

Thanks for the reply....Maybe not, but I have nothing to lose? I suppose I could fine tune it a little, as most of those items would be covered in the building inspection

Yes agreed with andrew_de_a. Once you start with a list of "subject tos" like that your offer starts to lose all interest for a vendor.

You'll need to make it subject to:
1. Finance approval satisfactory to you the buyer
2. Pest & building satisfactory to you the buyer

Then if you are low balling, you'd need to make low offers to 10 or 20 vendors to get 1 acceptance depending on which market you are in.

Hi all
I've been reading posts for the last hour or so, as I am thinking of making an offer - I'm in no rush and dont have a heart set on anything inparticular.

I've inspected a property that has not had much interest and the seller is moving away.

Subject to all appliances, doors and locks in good working order with buyers approval
Settlement within X days
An offer to Vendor, that a tenancy agreement be negotiated should they wish to reside in the property after settlement has been completed @ $X for X time
Depending on your local market,and if you have a feel for what the property
is worth,and a understanding of local property values then it may work,it may also turn the vendor off selling to you,my bet is you will find something on your list wrong,there is always something wrong in the building and pest-or building,leaking taps,you can put any conditions you want in the contract,means stuff all in the real world,if the agent:),, is no good at negotiating,,,and can't bring the buyer and seller together and the vendor knows full well with all those walkaway conditions,and sometimes it is very difficult to be skilled at something that you will do only a few times in your life....good luck willair..

Hi all

Settlement within X days

If you were the seller, what would appeal to you within the offer?

I've had a number of subjects to's as outlined in other posts, but you have to look at it from the seller's perspective also, after all, even the lord giveth and taketh away

Back