Feedback on this advertising

I would change the main picture to the picture from the lounge room back to the kitchen. It shows that there is a good living space and also a generous kitchen. The shot at the moment shows a lot of front yard and not much house.

If it's not the property and the advertising, is it the price?

How does it compare pricewise to comparable properties and how does it compare to days on the market?

If it's not the property and the advertising, is it the price?

How does it compare pricewise to comparable properties and how does it compare to days on the market?

Currently there is nothing much in the same area to compare to but compared to what has sold in last 12 months this comparable. It is a very quiet market so not a lot to go on.

I would change the main picture to the picture from the lounge room back to the kitchen. It shows that there is a good living space and also a generous kitchen. The shot at the moment shows a lot of front yard and not much house.

Thanks for that input...that should be easy to organise. Does anyone else agree with this?

Take pro photos for a start. What is the average days on market in your area.
Not sure...will check. Do you think pro photos make a lot of difference.......I have been relying on the location as the main selling feature. For this reason I have not done much in terms of improving it and was aiming just to show the layout as I think someone will renovate as its very dated.

Sometimes it helps if the house is furnished. Currently it looks unappealing (as the most of empty houses do). It helps people to imagine themselves living there. Maybe some rental furniture, rugs, pictures to walls etc.

Currently there is nothing much in the same area to compare to but compared to what has sold in last 12 months this comparable. It is a very quiet market so not a lot to go on.

When you said not much response, was there any interest and was there any feedback? If there was feedback, was price mentioned. If not, then it must be just that it's a quiet market. Is a month a long time in that market?

I don't think there's anything really majorly wrong with the advertisement and where you are going to change it and get instant enquiries. Getting better angles in the pictures may add something however.

I like the idea of professionally staging the house (furniture etc.) as a general rule, as it works in the bigger city markets. In that market, I am really unsure. Really difficult to give any definitive answer as far removed from city and big regionals that I follow. It must be something else IMO.

When you said not much response, was there any interest and was there any feedback? If there was feedback, was price mentioned. If not, then it must be just that it's a quiet market. Is a month a long time in that market?

I don't think there's anything really majorly wrong with the advertisement and where you are going to change it and get instant enquiries. Getting better angles in the pictures may add something however.

I like the idea of professionally staging the house (furniture etc.) as a general rule, as it works in the bigger city markets. In that market, I am really unsure. Really difficult to give any definitive answer as far removed from city and big regionals that I follow. It must be something else IMO.

One person through, but it was only because their parents live in the street. Next inspection is Sat.

I prefer to have my places well presented but its not really possible to do up there without a lot of expense. Hopefully the weather cooling off will get more people out and about.

Apparently the inquiry rate is down across the board.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-broome-116250743

I list this property a month ago and have not had much response. Does anyone think the advertising could be improved?

In the first instance I would be more concerned about what the market is doing in Broome at the moment, its not a metro area. I know regional areas in WA are price sensitive, they will stay on the market forever if not priced correctly.

What's happening on the ground in Broome??, how long are houses staying on the market and what is selling and what is not?? (price range, in flat markets this is huge). Who is selling most of the properties in the area? Once you work this out then proceed from here.

Cheers
MTR:)

Sorry it's not the advertising or the house. It's Broome. Demo is a great part of town. However, Broome is in a massive down turn. No JPP, tourist industry is slowing, pearling is slowing /dying, Broome North has been a flop due to the slow down, businesses are closing, no more toy world or Betts.

Not a lot happening in Broome these days.

Sorry it's not the advertising or the house. It's Broome. Demo is a great part of town. However, Broome is in a massive down turn. No JPP, tourist industry is slowing, pearling is slowing /dying, Broome North has been a flop due to the slow down, businesses are closing, no more toy world or Betts.

Not a lot happening in Broome these days.

Yes its unfortunate that I have put it on at worst possible time. I really like the area. Mine is the cheapest house in the street with good potential or improvement but the ony person who seemed like ideal buyer was not able to borrow enough so agent put him into a cheaper house.

Hi vmay

In my view, the door frames and edging would look heaps better it they were painted so that they don't stand out. Also, I think you could definitely improve the photos. What is the construction of the building? The external pics don't do it justice in my view.

Cheers

Jen

Back