Feedback sought on buyers agents/mentors

Hi,

I am looking for a property coach/buyers agent to help me start building my portfolio. I appreciate all the great information shared on this site but I need more guidance...at least to begin with!

I met with Jeremy Allen from Property Buyers recently and liked his approach but would love to hear from anyone who might have worked with him at Property Buyers or Positive Real Estate?

I would also love any feedback on Destiny Group (Margaret Lomas) and ResultsMentoring (Simon Buckingham).

Thank you:)

Be very cautious. They can be sharks.

l may be wrong, tho I recall contacting positive real estate once to enquire about an ad for positive cashflow properties.

Their opening line was, " what about negative geared properties, they are great far tax reduction".

l love Magnet Lomas, destiny financials is a franchise business tho I believe. Luck of the draw who you get.

I met with Destiny in Perth earlier this year and the guy that sat down with us was very uninspiring, almost felt like he hated his job and didn't want to be there.

I didn't get a real clear understanding of what they're offering in their course but for several thousand dollars you do a 2 day course with a group of other students whom then become your focus group that you meet with once a month for the next 12 months.

I went away and read some more on this forum and decided to better educate myself and put that several thousand $$$ towards my first ip

There are quite a few posts about Positive RE. Mentoring is also only as good as the student. I have known a few people go through Results and a majority of them appear to have a few properties but the comments about the process vary. I understand Results have a lot of good templates for various stages of the buy and sell process that they take you through which makes the process very systematic. Results don't own any properties to sell and you have to find your own way through the investing maze so I suppose there's no vested interests from that point.

BA do have a slight vested interest in that they want to sell you a property quickly so they can move onto the next buyer. I used a BA for 2 properties but they had to show me 8 properties before I settled on my chosen properties as my DD showed that each 'unsuccessful' property didn't meet my criteria for whatever reason. I suppose what I'm saying here is not to expect the BA to teach you what property to buy to achieve your goals.

Back