Feeling like a celebrity!

Click the little scales that appear on the person's post you want to give Kudos to. They are between the Exclamation mark (red triangle) and the post number button. That will take you to a little comment screen. The more kudos you get the more green buttons you receive.

Thanks pussy cat! I have many kudos to return to people.
Is that what those green things were??? I thought it was a sign that I am spending way too much time here....

on that note.

XX

Cute cat pic. Reminds me of my old cat. Sylvester.

Funny you should say that Rob, I have a fluffy Sylvester toy I rip into every night. I was also a stray, but found as a kitten in the Gilberton area. If you see me in Burnside, (near where I live) try to avoid me as I have no road sense. :p

very cute! was that a baby photo? Thought you would be older than that.
I hold me age very well! ;)

And sorry for taking this thread so far off topic Xenia, and congratulations too by the way!

Hey Pushka,

thanks to you, i am able to give Kudos to so many SSers today..have a long list to go.
:)

Tis a nice feeling, isnt it!

Actually Pushka (yes, continuing off topic) my Sylvester lives in Tusmore. What a coincidence.
I went to do a repair job for a friends tenant yesterday. She had cat, but it hid under the fridge while I was there. She was a stray, too and is afraid if men. Must have had a bad experience (yes, I'm still talking about the cat, not the tenant).
Makes me sad that someone could do something to an animal that would make it behave like that for the rest of its life.
Maybe I'm just too soft.

Actually Pushka (yes, continuing off topic) my Sylvester lives in Tusmore. What a coincidence.
She had cat, but it hid under the fridge while I was there. She was a stray, too and is afraid if men. Must have had a bad experience (yes, I'm still talking about the cat, not the tenant).
Makes me sad that someone could do something to an animal that would make it behave like that for the rest of its life.
Maybe I'm just too soft.

More off topic (lucky we are in Adelaide or Xenia might kill us!) Never too soft Rob! People who are cruel to animals frequently have a pathological illness. I am afraid of people who try to pet me underneath, and I crouch when I see a foot coming towards me. Something bad happened to me I think but I cant remember it. I bite them. Tusmore hey? Actually, right across the road (GHR) methinks.

LOL, no worries at all pushka, as independent as they are (that's what I love most about them) cats need some attention too every now and then ;)

Let the cat have the spotlight. Off to a wedding tonight. XX

wow.
I assumed that the tone of this forum was one that celebrated achievement.

I didn't realise that by posting that we had bought another house that I risked being considered some sort of pathetic wanna-be without any runs on the board.

In some cases (like my own) people don't have anyone they can have a little boast to and sometimes you need it. MY family think I am nuts for investing (because its risky and dangerous:rolleyes:) and so even if I am excited about a new purchase or some deal finally starting to come together I don't have anyone to share it with.

I think everyone is aware that Xenia has a business, but does that make her somehow ineligible for a slap on the back?

some people don't like what they see as pointless boasting, and some don't like pointless nit-picking and nastiness. live and let live I say.

Congrats to you Xenia, I am sure you had a great time being "dolled up" from a purely girly point of view.:)

Evan, there's nothing wrong with a bit of back slapping on SS. If others are anything like me - they do it here because it's stuff they can't talk about anymore with friends and extended family because it makes them uncomfortable/envious/jealous/goes straight over their head/who knows what else. The first property (or even 2) is ok, but after that, you just get uncomfortable stares and silences, and forget about equities etc. So it's nice to be able to share their stories, even if it is just over the net.

• I have bought and sold in excess of 16 businesses, often made $100,000’s in a very short space of time using little or none of my own money. I have been doing this since I was 22, and I’m now 56. That’s 34 years of expensive experience.

• In the last 8 years, I have sold at least $5 million worth of products and services via mail order, direct response and the Internet.

Now on this one I'm in total agreement with you. Don't know this Mal Emery guy from a bar of soap, so perhaps I shouldn't comment, but I grow very tired of all these people selling courses/DVD's etc proclaiming how much money they've made.

Take the examples above - so if you've made $100k's in such short spaces of time in whatever industry from the age of 22 - why didn't you continue? Why did you feel the need to stop what you were doing successfully there and out of the blue decide to start educating other people (for a fee) to do the same thing? I guess just a beautiful caring soul.

His second claim above is probably true, but it's from his new 'education/lecturing/mentoring' business - not the original business he claims to have been so successful at I'll bet.

I wonder why Harry Trigbouf didn't stop developing 30yrs ago and just start a speaking circuit telling us all how to do it for $3k per event? The examples would be endless, unless of course your business IS the education, and there's the rub.

Hi Xenia

I would also like to add my congratulations for your achievements. It is inspirational to know what can be achieved with property and encouraging to those coming along behind to get out there and turn thoughts into action!

I also agree with this post:

I accept some people will use this forum as a means of business development but I say that all financial interest should be disclosed - above the table. I have no problem with the education industry but lets make sure the presenters are accurate in their representations of what can be achieved

I work in an industry where full disclosure and potential conflicts of interest are taken very seriously by my Clients and for very good reason. These issues are very relevant in any industry for any Client, whether they realise it or not.

I feel the RE / PM / IP seminar industries regularly fall down in this manner, primarily due to their Clients not being aware of its importance. It would be great to see prominent people in these industries take the lead in providing up front, full and frank disclosure around who is paying who for what. Clients will soon cotton on to who is being open and frank with them and who isn't as a result. Such an outcome can only be good for weeding out the unscrupulous from the industry and it would probably improve the tone of the discussion around here as well.

Congratulations again!

Back