fees for management QLD

Hi, what are the typical fees for ongoing management of an investment property in QLD? I have been quoted 5% to collect the rent and 3% to manage

the 5% seems rather high, its not some crappy house in a dodgy area, aren't there defined legal procedures for non payment of rent and all the agent really does is bank cash and pass it on?

can you do that part yourself?

Hi, the average is 8.25%

5% commission plus GST and 2.75% Inc GST management fees.

5% is the industry standard, you can negotiate on the 2.75%.

Depending on your rent but when you work out the figures there are only a few $$ in it. Pay a bit more for a better job.

Hi, what are the typical fees for ongoing management of an investment property in QLD? I have been quoted 5% to collect the rent and 3% to manage

the 5% seems rather high, its not some crappy house in a dodgy area, aren't there defined legal procedures for non payment of rent and all the agent really does is bank cash and pass it on?

can you do that part yourself?

the professional tenants will be lined up a mile deep to rent from you.

Im finding the average is getting closer to 7.5%+ GST

whats the weekly rent for your property and ill tell you what our fees would work out as a %.

Has the fees changed much of late? Just been quoted 8% incl gst as well, and another $40 for quarterly property inspection = another $160 pa :confused: Over here in VIC you will be lucky to get 6 monthly inspections but its inclusive. Seems like everything in QLD is more expensive, rates, fees, premiums, so a warning to others don't be fooled by GROSS yields, it goes into negative territory pretty quickly. My rental appraisal btw would be between $530-$550pw but looking at more than that.

Has the fees changed much of late? Just been quoted 8% incl gst as well, and another $40 for quarterly property inspection = another $160 pa :confused: Over here in VIC you will be lucky to get 6 monthly inspections but its inclusive. Seems like everything in QLD is more expensive, rates, fees, premiums, so a warning to others don't be fooled by GROSS yields, it goes into negative territory pretty quickly. My rental appraisal btw would be between $530-$550pw but looking at more than that.

Your figure of 8% inc GST doesn't sound right. That means you're paying 7.2727272727273 before GST which seems like an odd amount. In Qld I pay 6.6% (6% + GST) to 8.25% (7.5% + GST).

Your figure of 8% inc GST doesn't sound right. That means you're paying 7.2727272727273 before GST which seems like an odd amount. In Qld I pay 6.6% (6% + GST) to 8.25% (7.5% + GST).

Its a negotiated amount. Was 5% + 3.3% originally and a whole lot of other fees. Property manager said they can do 8% inclusive of everything apart from inspection costs. Still sound a bit high to me but i am comparing it to VIC.

Hiya Dbz,

Ask for this deal :D
Good luck!!!!!

Letting commission: Equivalent to one week's rent
Rent collection commission: 5%
Management fee: 3% (incl GST)
Lease negotiation/Renewal fee: ($0 for beanie)
Maintenance/Repair fee: included in management fee
Periodic inspection fee: $25
End of financial year statement fee: included in management fee
Mediation/Tribunal hearing fee :$65
(including preparation):

Other fees:
Vacate fee - ($0 for beanie)

Administrative expenses (e.g. postage, STD phone calls, fax transmissions and bank fees.): $5.50 (gst inclusive) sundries per month

Negotiated 5.5% plus GST with four properties in Southport with the one agent. All properties are well maintained and looked after with good long term tenants. Negotiated good conditions with the other features/expenses of the rental agreement contract. I can honestly get a cheaper deal with another agent however I've been with the current agent for several years and even purchased two of the four properties from them so I won't change to save half a percent on commission. The other investment property in Brisbane is costing 8% plus GST, with less attractive conditions in the contract.

Back