Fencing South Hedland

Hi

Does anyone know the cost of installing new boundary fencing in South Hedland please?

It would be approx 120 metres of fencing.

(do I have to track down the owner of neighbouring properties to get their approval?)

I have had a quote but it was ridiculous so I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows what it should be aaprox.

Regards

Last edited:
expect it to be ridiculous. its south hedland.
by the time you get the contractor to arrange permits, material (getting it up there etc...) labour (which i will assume is around the 100ph mark)
everything up that way is ridiculously expensive. if you want a laugh, go get a quote to reno your property. include paint, new light fittings/powerpoints, kitchen doors, doors thru-out, laundry sink, remove floor covering and lay new tiles. if you can get that for cheaper than 60k your doing well.

If you do find anyone reasonable in Sth Hedland, POST IT!!!

Those tradies up there are making an absolute killing (out of us landlords making an absolute killing, out of mining companies making an absolute killing, out of China making an absolute killing).

Boy, I really, really hope China doesn't decide to have another Cultural Revolution!

if you have been up there you can understand why they get paid so much. mind you only on average half of what you pay the company will go to the tradie doing the work. ave hourly rate is around 45-55bucks.
and if you can afford a property in hedland, you can afford to have a fence put up. (like buying a 6l v8 and complaining about fuel prices)

I would expect about $350/ lineal meter, so you'll be up for about $45,000

for that sort of money it would be worth the effort advertising for someone to go up there, pay for his travel costs, materials etc. there would be plenty of chinese construction workers happy to earn $10k after all costs for a couple of weeks work and you would save yourself a good chunk of money too

some of it is a plain rip, some of it is the cyclonic element. Also note that (well in Karratha anyway) you need a building license for the fence.

Thank you for your responses. I thought the quote I got was a joke but it seems it wasn't from what you've said!

Interesting idea about flying someone up there..

I'm actually trying to decide whether it's better value to renovate or build a new house.

Wow. That expense would knock you sideways if you weren't expecting it.

You'll want to track down the owners of the other properties for more than their approval - you'd be wanting them to pay their share.

Hi Guys,
I'm working in Hedland, I don't know all the ins and outs, but I do know it's expensive to get anything done here.
I know a guy who has just secured a block in the recent ballot, and he said that the council will give him around $8000 back. Maybe just for new home though?

All the fences are cyclone resistent, i.e 50mm steel shs tubing and folded colorbond fencing panels with about a 30mm gap, and they're about 180mm wide.

By the way, if you want to build, forget it way too expensive! The guy afore mentioned is getting a demountable built and trucked up from Perth for about $330k, turn key your talking around over $400k.

They dont have any gutters here, so you have to slope a concrete path aall the way around the house. Concrete is around $550 a cube.
Goodluck though??????

Hi

Does anyone know the cost of installing new boundary fencing in South Hedland please?

It would be approx 120 metres of fencing.

(do I have to track down the owner of neighbouring properties to get their approval?)

I have had a quote but it was ridiculous so I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows what it should be aaprox.

Regards

Hi Duel,

I've just happened upon this post, currently building in Hedland myself and have a friend who finished a house up here recently - she paid $18,000 for her fence roughly 90metres worth so your 50K quote sounds over the top even by Pilbara standards. There are a few companies that do fencing so get a few quotes - failing that the suggestion to fly someone up here to do the job is a good one, I know plenty of people who do it that way and save a bundle. good luck with your venture! :)

Back