Feral Neighbours

I have just been told that my tenants are breaking the lease after 4 months because of the next door neighbours. My last tenants only lasted a year before they moved out apparently they wanted a place with a pool so I don't know if they had any problems with the neighbours.

I don't have the full details but info from the A/PM is that they are rude, loud and abusive.

The house has good returns, while the CG isn't that great but then I have only owned the place for 18months. My plans were to hold the property long term.

While I cannot do anything about the neighbours as they own the house. Would anyone consider selling the property should this turn out to be more than a statistical bump??

I am assuming you have only had these 2 tenants?

I would suggest you have a chat with the tenants to find out exactly what is happening. This will give you a better idea of what you are up against.
Marg

I would go to the house and see what the neighbours are like, who knows maybe your tenants caused the rift with them? there is always 3 sides to a story, his side , their side, then the truth.
If you maybe go to the neighbours house and introduce yourself etc then you should be able to judge what kind of neighbours they are.

Twice I have sold because of feral neighbours. The first was a single Mum with troublesome kids that would throw rocks at all the windows in the street, breaking them. The police know about it and would do nothing. The mother knew & didn't care. The Housing Department were notified, not only by my PM, but by other neighbours too.

End result. Sold for a profit, although not as much as I would have liked, but better that then replacing windows every other week.

The second was a family that lived a little up the street. The whole family was feral. Dad was in jail, Mum was living with some other guy. Many other kids/young adults roaming the streets and one of them appeared to be dealing drugs. The dregs of society would regularly turn up and cause a scene.

Decided this one was better to go too.

While I cannot do anything about the neighbours as they own the house. Would anyone consider selling the property should this turn out to be more than a statistical bump??

Perhaps this is their grand plan.
Your neighbours do this on purpose so they can then buy your property cheaply when you put it on the market.
On auction day and during open inspections they will bring out the burnt out car to put on the nature strip and start yelling loud abuse and pretend they are the neighbours from hell.
They may also be hoping the neighbour on the other side also sells up so they can then have 3 blocks in a row to develop in the future ... just thinking :)

Back