FHO grant question

hey guys,
Is the FOH grant state based or country wide based?
To make it more clear, if i buy in NSW and after a few years i moved to victoria and want to buy there, does that make me eligible for the FOH grant in victoria?

Thanks in advance :)

It's a Federal grant administered by the states.

This means you only get it once Australia wide, but how much you get is governed by the states.

hey guys,
Is the FOH grant state based or country wide based?
To make it more clear, if i buy in NSW and after a few years i moved to victoria and want to buy there, does that make me eligible for the FOH grant in victoria?

Thanks in advance :)

State based legislation. But one of the requirents is usually (or used to be, I am not up to date) have you ever owned property before - regardless of state.

One more question please :)
What if when I bought my first property I was a resident only and not an Australian meaning I didn't qualify for the grant back then but now that I got my citizenship does that mean I would be eligible for it?
Thanks again guys.

As far as I know it only applies to the first property you buy in Australia regardless of the circumstances and whether you got the grant for it or not.
Marg

What if when I bought my first property I was a resident only and not an Australian meaning I didn't qualify for the grant back then but now that I got my citizenship does that mean I would be eligible for it?
Thanks again guys.

wouldn't change anything

Thanks again guys.

You should of stiil been eligable being a resident?
And i think you can still claim it after you have bought a property that you didnt claim it for so maybe worth a check for your state laws.

Cheers

i thought you were eligible even if you have owned a property but you have never made it your PPOR? might just be a porky pie ive been told tho.

i thought you were eligible even if you have owned a property but you have never made it your PPOR? might just be a porky pie ive been told tho.

PaulF's question implies that he claims the FHOG for his first home in NSW, then tries to claim it again for his next home in VIC. You can't do this.

You can buy an IP. As long as you never live in that IP, you're still eligible for the grant later on when you do buy a PPOR.

Back