Fig Tree Pocket, Chapel Hill, Graceville or Sherwood in Brisbane

Hi all,

I am looking for an IP in either Fig Tree Pocket, Chapel Hill, Graceville or Sherwood with the price tag of around $600K. Which suburb will have higher potential in capital growth ? Which suburb easier to rent out ? Any comments on these suburbs ?

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated :)

I am looking for an IP in either Fig Tree Pocket, Chapel Hill, Graceville or Sherwood with the price tag of around $600K. Which suburb will have higher potential in capital growth ? Which suburb easier to rent out ? Any comments on these suburbs ?
I don't know Graceville and Sherwood so well, but FTP and Chapel Hill are firmly "my neck of the woods". Of these two, FTP has already experienced a huge growth in prices. Chapel Hill has not taken off to the same extent, and thus I'd be more confident about the prospects for growth in Chapel Hill from an overall perspective. There are still loads of sub-$500K properties in Chapel Hill, which I believe represent pretty reasonable value. Conversely, there are pretty average new-builds selling in FTP around the $1M mark, which I believe are ridiculously poor value.

FTP has become significantly gentrified over the past decade; the main area of remaining opportunity in FTP, IMHO, is in buying lower standard houses - at the right price - which have not kept pace with the neighbourhood, and upgrading them to be more in keeping.

Hi all,

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated :)

Graceville and Sherwood have the advantage of having a train line going through the suburb, so renters will find these suburbs more appealing. Not sure about capital growth - FTP is usually over priced though.

Back