Filling in Aluminium pool

Hi

I have a aluminium pool is that is 80% below ground. I heard with concrete and fibre glass pool removals they need to removed first before filling however I'm wondering if I can just remove the lining push the walls in and fill in over them, or would I need to remove the aluminium too?

The pool hasn't had any water for years so the walls have already started to collapse a bit into the middle due to the dirt pushing against it.

Will the council have any probs with filling over the waste minus the lining?

thanks!

That makes more sense. It should be easy to pull out from inside the pool, then back fill without leaving the rubbish in the ground for the next guy.

Tools

found out it's colorbond but that shouldn't make a difference easy enough to pull out.

The part where the pool is above ground is the back left corner where neighbouring fences are, if I fill it up with dirt is this going to push their fences down?

The part where the pool is above ground is the back left corner where neighbouring fences are, if I fill it up with dirt is this going to push their fences down?

I think that filling up the hole with dirt will stabilise the adjoining earth, a positive. Ensure the fill is well compacted. You can reuse the colourbond for veggie gardens and compost bins or on gumtree.

thanks for your help guys. Here's some photos.

So if you're looking at this photo the back right corner of the house is on the left where it is above ground and partly along the right fence too.

IMG_20140603_143706.jpg

This is the corner

IMG_20140603_145017.jpg

And this is facing the other way so you can see the part that is level with the pavers

IMG_20140603_143621.jpg

So I was told if I start filling in it it's going to put pressure on the neighbours fence but if you're looking at it from the first image angle wouldn't filling it be the same as the left and top site anyway?

Back