Final inspection

my buyer had a 1.5 hour final inspection and now is requesting me to fix up these items and also to have another inspection.

Is this normal?

my buyer had a 1.5 hour final inspection and now is requesting me to fix up these items and also to have another inspection.

Is this normal?
Which items? :confused:

The property has to be delivered to them in the same condition as it was when they contracted to purchase. So if there are any new holes, or things missing, they have a right to rectification.

If they're trying to argue that they're now not happy with the condition of the property, eg marks on the walls which were already there, or things which were broken already, then that's tough.

But from a practical perspective, they can still delay settlement and muck you around while you argue about it, so you're in an unenviable position (if you really want/need this to settle on time). :eek:

What kinds of things are they wanting you to fix?

If the purchaser is asking for items above what is in the signed contract and you have not added/taken from the time of exchange then have your legal advisor to continue the settlement.

There seems to be a mistaken idea that the final inspection can be used as another opportunity to look at the condition of the property.

The only obligation is for the property to be in the same condition as it was when the contract was signed.
Marg

There seems to be a mistaken idea that the final inspection can be used as another opportunity to look at the condition of the property.

The only obligation is for the property to be in the same condition as it was when the contract was signed.
Marg

Unless you put in a clause. I've just signed with a clause asking for all plumbing and electrical to be in working order at settlement.

It was difficult for me to test everything out during inspections as each time I went there the tennants were either sleeping of doing something in the unit but they were always in there. It was awkward so I asked the agent if everything is working and she assured me yes it was (obviously she would). So I then said ok so there would be no problem puting that in the contract and she agreed to put it in.

Which items? :confused:

The property has to be delivered to them in the same condition as it was when they contracted to purchase. So if there are any new holes, or things missing, they have a right to rectification.

If they're trying to argue that they're now not happy with the condition of the property, eg marks on the walls which were already there, or things which were broken already, then that's tough.

But from a practical perspective, they can still delay settlement and muck you around while you argue about it, so you're in an unenviable position (if you really want/need this to settle on time). :eek:

What kinds of things are they wanting you to fix?

this is a 1st for me. They are not complaining about things missing they want to remove stuff??

they want me to remove the TV bracket and patch up the holes and include cleaning the balcony.

Agent told me they wanted to check the sprinklers - and he said you're crazy. They tested every powerpoint as well.

i have been in worst situations before. I can easily get my solicitor to give a default notice and put the buyer in a position. They using a convenyancer and a not a solicitor also it is unreasonable requests.

Trust me - it is impossible to track every single hole or mark unless you have a newspaper photographed on the day with the picture.

I'm just too tied and going on holiday, so not gonna make a fuss. If i was bit free on the weekdays and not going anywhere - would have resorted to being super nasty

I'm a huge nitpicker personally, but whatever is in the contract is in the contract - if they've bought it and now want to foist fixups on you that weren't in the contract, they're looking for freebies and I would pull them up about it right away. In a nice way of course, but then, no one is going to drop a property because someone didn't take a bracket out of a wall so I'd be pretty stern

Actually - i'm going to remove the bracket and patch the holes 15 minute job. Only because the bracket is worth $150. They stupid if they don't want it.

Back