Finance Packages

Hi all, am considering a Professional finance package through Westpac (via a broker), any experience good or bad?
They seem to be damn slow but so is my current lender (ANZ). In the search for profits they seem to be ignoring their core business.
Any other institutes you'd recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Paul,

I am with Westpac Professional package and I find it excellent value.

The Rapid repaypak or whatever they call it is an excellent setup where you can run multiple equity accounts all at the one of the lowest rates. Only disadvantages I have found is relationship managers are not very good(you will need to do your own home work) and they do not discount their Fixed rates(as does the CBA ie .25% off the standard rate)

Reply: 1.1

AMP Bank also have a very good exeuctive package. Take a look on their website for more.

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 1.1.1

My main gripe with Westpac is their customer service is pathetic - but that seems to be a common theme. They generally don't give you a single point of contact for enquiries.

I've gotten to know a local branch lending manager, but he won't think too far outside of the square (for thinks like matching competitors rates or refinance options).

Like most other lenders they only loan up to 90% LVR on IPs (ANZ gives 95%).

Outside of this their package is excellent and very convenient.

PT_Bear

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Hi all,

Now before I get accused of spam, I in no way endorse the product but it may be worth a look.

Peter Spann's company is now offering mortgage finance deals. The rates look competitive, the service?????????

Have a look at www.freemanfox.com.au and see what you think. Be prepared for all the hype ;^)

I don't know their lending criteria etc. perhaps someone who investigates could post the details here?

regards, Michael Croft

Reply: 2

Hi

It be the best of the bunch in most cases unless you want to do 95 % i/o IP loans. in which case you are possibly better off with ANZ Premier Select

Bankwests Gold Home Loan is also not bad starting with a low intro rate and then roolling to a discounted proffessional rate.

Service ? Varies from month to month with almost all lenders

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 2.1

I am happy with Westpac professional, apart from the demise of the Ansett frequent flyer part of the credit card - but that's hardly their fault.

The discount on their standard rates is worth having (savings > $300 package cost pa)
and its tiered if you get more loans.

Its early days yet as I only got the loan in August

RH

Reply: 1.1.1.2

Hi PT

Westpac will now do 95 Investment lend but not Interest only

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 3

Try Suncorp Metway!

RS

Reply: 3.1

I cant resist

There are 40 ++ lenders, a dozen of which are mainstream, and have various premium of professional packs.

What suits one family's and investors profile may be positively poisenous to another.

Find an independent mortgage broker. That way you can compare 90 % of the professional/premium offerings in one hit rather than trudging around to a dozen plus lenders only to find that when you have the right product, the lender has changed it yet again.

Ta

Rolf
Rolf

Back