finance

W

WebBoard

Hi!

Would anyone know where I can get 95% finance for an investment property? The property has 4 units (side by side)in 1 block. Banks would only lend me 70%.
It will be greatly appreciated!!

thanking you in advance,

Reynaldo

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

There's a number of reasons why a bank would only lend you 70%. A common reason usually is that they consider it a commercial loan. The property you've mentioned may be considered commercial.

For a residential loan, most banks that I've talked to will go to 90% as long as you can service the debt. If they only loan to 70% there's probably a good reason, usually because of a risk factor involved.

Ask the lender for specific reasons why they won't go to 90% in your case. There's often plenty of things you can do to change the way a lender looks at an application. People here are usually very willing to share this sort information.

PT_Bear

Reply: 2

Hi Reynaldo

Multiple dwellings on one title are usually a max of 70 % LVR, that is because there isnt a lenders mortgage insurer that will cover these loans.

A strong applicant set up the right way can get 80 %.

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 2.1

Thanks guys!

But can someone suggest where I can get 95% finance? It's a residential property. I found few banks that can lend me 90% but I only can service 5% deposit.

thanking you once again

Reynaldo

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Thanks for that Robert

Unfortunately No One will do a 95 % over mutliple dwellings on one title. If you can get 90 % Reynaldo, take it and run, but check the fine print first.

One of the reasons that multiples on one title are significantly cheaper than singly titled units is that the in-cost is traditionally 3 to 5 times that of separate strata titled units. Hence 4 and six packs have much higher rental returns but the cash on cash return is not so flash.

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 2.1.2

Hi Reynaldo.

I know a mortgage originator who lends 95%...including for Melbourne and
Sydney CBD apartments. Call me on 0416 054 499.

Cheers,

Dave
:)

p.s. And I don't mean at 'no docs' rates either.

Reply: 2.1.2.1

Hi Dave

What ? on a non strata block I'll definately have to call you !

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

Hi Rolf,

>>One of the reasons that multiples on one title are significantly cheaper
than singly titled units is that the in-cost is traditionally 3 to 5 times
that of separate strata titled units.<<

What kind of costs are involved to make it 3 - 5 times that of strata
units?

Regards,

Yuchun Chen
Market Management Systems
NEMMCO Ltd
(02) 8838 5042

I am the Master of my FATE, the Captain of my SOUL, but a Slave of my
STOMACH

------------------------------------------
This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please delete the email and notify me by return email or by phoning the NEMMCO Helpdesk on 1300 300 295.

Reply: 2.1.2.1.1

Rolf,
Can you run that by me again? what are
the increased costs with an in-line block?
Anyone know what it costs to strata a
block?

D

Reply: 2.1.2.1.1.1

Thanks a lot guys!!!

I appreciate all the advice!!

Reynaldo

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Yuch

Cash on Cash return is demolished since you need up to 6 times the deposit based on 95 % vs 70 %, ignoring LMI costs, which can be capitalised in some cases.

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 2.1.2.1.1.2

Hi Donna

I shluld have been specific in my terminology based on cash on cash reteun, see my reply to Yuch above.

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 2.1.2.1.1.2.1

HI There.
If your after 95% finance try RAMS, CITIBANK, ANZ (depends who you speak to), Suncorp Metway.
Regards
JAD

Back