Financial advisor in Melb

I am looking for a good Financial advisor located in Melb, can anyone offer some suggestions.

Has anyone used the Destiny Group ?

Thank you
Best regards and good health,

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Paul,
navrainvest.com.au. Steve is located in Canberra, but he has an excellent consultant in Melbourne. Truly, Steve is the best of the best. He walks the talk. Has an extensive property portfolio as well as shares. I can't recommend him enough. Good luck!

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Reply: 1.1

Mark

You said "I can't recommend him enough."

Mate that is all you do, every post made on this forum has a suggestion that they contact Steve. Do you get a commission? (Only joking matey!!!!)

I better stay anon for this one :)

Reply: 1.1.1

Hey anon,

Steve is very good. (And I do post other answers on other topics).

I'm on record as saying I have some scepticism about some things about Steve. And some of that still remains. But I have a huge amount more regard for a financial advisor who does not try to sell you something just because it earns him a commission.

He spends the time to explain his way of thinking. And gives you the means to do it your way if you wish- even giving you software.

Mark has been around for a while. Check the history to see where he's coming from. As I remember (I may be wrong) he was a reluctant investor- who went to one of Steve's courses ($150 for a weekend in Canberra, higher in SYD or MEL) who became a whole lot less reluctant as a result. He's not a salesman for Steve- just a convert.

The course fee includes a private consultation. His recommendation to us was to go the way we were going- and to come back in a year or two. That's not like any advisor I've been to before. And certainly not like the advisor who ended up almost costing us our home.

Hey, I know you're not serious- that's cool. I just thought I'd post something a bit more serious in reply.

Geoff

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Geoff

I have actually been to see Steve, I think he is great too. I was just joking that Mark was mentioning it so much. hope I didn't offend you Mark!

Still Anon

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Anon,
About the commission stuff... shhh, no one's supposed to know about that.... Have a good day.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Reply: 2

Paul
the problem with most financial advisors is that they know little about property and cannot recommend direct property investments because it is not on their list of approved or "authorised" invetsmnets.
You see... they are only allowed to recommend investments that have been authorized by their proper authority holder - the head of the organisation that holds the "licence"
Another reason they will often neglect property is because they do not get commissions from these recommendations.
I do know one or two financial advisers based in Melbourne who will give you sensible advice and do understand and invest in property. They are busy and so I will not give out their details here but your (or any one interested) can email me for their details.
Michael Yardney
Metropole Properties

Back