Financial Planner/Adviser - Gold Coast or Brisbane

I'm sure this has been asked before so I apologise in advance that I can't find it.

I'm looking for a good financial adviser preferably on the Gold Coast.

Someone who is certified/registered, knows about property investment (among other investment strategies) and is not just going to push whatever product they are being commissioned on.

Any recommendations?

Don't use anyone near the gc.

One of the issues with fin planning is NOBODY is licensed to give property fin advice except a licensed Rea. Then they can't compare. It's the feeding ground for sharks. Commissions are old news. Someone paid a fixed fee can be worse than one with conflicted advice. I don't sell anything for this reason. But I refuse to tell people what to do as I can't be licensed and in my view it's still financial advice

Many financial planners give property advice or incorporate property into a statement of advice. Property doesn't come under the definition of a 'financial product' so no licence is needed to 'advise' on it. A real estate licence is only needed for selling or managing property.

However finding a good financial planner can be difficult...If someone tries to steer you into a particular property then they are likely to be receiving a commission so stay clear.

Sorry for the slow response was in an area without internet over Christmas/New Year.

Maybe I was asking for the wrong thing?

What I am looking for is someone to discuss my current goals with, review my current portfolio performance and to have a discussion about strategies that could help me reach my goals.

Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance!

Back