Findind the next Ipswich, Elizabeth?

Finding the next Ipswich, Logan, Elizabeth?

Hi,

I am looking to get some ideas on finding growth areas in the making such as Ipswich, Logan Central and Elizabeth as they were few years ago?

I am looking all over Australia but would like some opinions on how I can go about getting information and pinpointing growth areas.

Thanks.

Hi eternit

there is a book written by Margaret Lomas on how to source new locations called
"20 must ask questions for every property investor"

I think its a good snapshot of the process you may choose to follow. While I am yet to put into practice its a starting point.

The topics discussed in the book are listed below

1. What is the cash flow of the area
2. What is the vacancy rate
3. What are the infrastructure plans for the future
4. What is the population, population growth and demographic mix
5. What is the competition
6. What are the trends
7. Is there economic vibrancy in the area
8. Is the area close to a large town or city
9. Is there a diversity of industry in town
10. If this is a niche market property, is there a second use
11. Does the property match your personal risk profile
12. What financing arrangements can I access for this property
13. Is the property at market value
14. Who is the builder or developer
15. Is there a rental guarantee
16. What will the property management arrangement be
17. Whats is the age of the property and what condition is it in
18. Is the property tenant friendly
19. What are the title arrangements
20. Am I being commercial in my approach

Cheers
Rick

Perhaps read some of Sash's posts, I think Sash is doing quite well at finding the hot spots.

You could also purchase Terry Ryder's reports.

Cheers, MTR

Aaawww...thanks MTR.....

I can't take all the credit...as my research is based on Somerssoft, BRW, Newspapers, API Magazine, Your Investment Property as well as me looing at the the lower priced suburbs and looking at what is going on in these areas.

I agree that Terry Ryder's reports are quite useful and cost effective. The others are the Residex reports and b othe the API and YIP magazines.

I recently bought in Margate and the Property Sepcial magazine put out by BRW now has Margate, QLD as a hot spot. This sort of publicity helps drive demand ...because when a suburb gets written up it is already too late!

Perhaps read some of Sash's posts, I think Sash is doing quite well at finding the hot spots.

You could also purchase Terry Ryder's reports.

Cheers, MTR

I don't think it is quite correct....because...not a lot of people know about Terry's reports..other than the prop investment community.

I watched Terry pick Redcliffe and Deception Bay.....what I did was to look at the surrounding suburbs..thus why I picked Margate.;)

I would suggest that once it hits Terry Ryder's "Hot Spotting" report, it's probably too late. :rolleyes:

Back