Finding/calculating the historical value of a property

OK, so a bit of a newb mistake; the house we just sold was wife's PPOR from purchase (1999) until 2002. From 2002 until now, it's been a rental. Obviously, we can apportion the CG to reduce the CGT, but at the time we didn't get a valuation. Live and learn - we certainly didn't know to do this at the time.

So my question is: how do I find/calculate the value in 2002? I have obtained an RPdata free report for the suburb, but a couple of issues; it only goes back to 2005, and the median price value itself isn't particularly useful. Can I calculate the growth rate from now to 2005 then extrapolate back to 1999, and then work out the 2002 value where they intercept?

Surely I'm not the first to come up with this scenario - but my (Google) searching hasn't returned any decent results.

Thanks.

You need to utilise a qualified valuer in this case. They possess all the data to do that. Shop around as costs can vary a little. Its a common request.

Google. Where else ?

Who has a phone book ? I understand this is the last year of phone books. Phone books and stamps are for nannas.

You need to utilise a qualified valuer in this case. They possess all the data to do that. Shop around as costs can vary a little. Its a common request.

It's also a common request that we get so I should note that, unless a QS firm specifically advertises that they do them, ours are not the valuations that you're looking for. That might save you a phone call to the wrong place.

Google. Where else ?

Who has a phone book ? I understand this is the last year of phone books. Phone books and stamps are for nannas.

LOL - yellow pages exists online, too! I had tried a couple of quick Google searches but got hits pretty much only for REAs.

Thanks everyone for responses. Will chase it up now that I know what I'm looking for. Heron Todd White appropriate?

Back