Finding Info

Hi guys,
I am new to the Australian property scene and I am wondering if anyone knows of any good websites for finding investment properties and websites for finding some good relaible data? Any help would be great.

Tyler

Hi guys,
I am new to the Australian property scene and I am wondering if anyone knows of any good websites for finding investment properties and websites for finding some good relaible data? Any help would be great.

Tyler

Before finding a property, work out how you plan to make money out of it -- the strategy. This will then determine what type of properties you need to be looking for.

Properties are easy to find: real-estate.com.au or domain.com.au.

Reliable data can be found in the property magazines, but it'll be a couple of months old (which isn't all that bad). If you want more current info you'll need to buy it from somebody like RPdata.

Alternatively, once you have identified your key buying areas you can follow the auctions and sales results yourself and get a good idea of how the market is going.

Strategy development is definitely key - otherwise the wealth of information is/can be amazingly overwhelming, and you will soon get lost in the various ways/methods.

Start with some reading - whether it be RDPD, Jan Somers books, etc - which should give you a flavour for some of the decisions to be made. Oh yeah - plenty of reading on the forum.

Back