Firefox question

When downloading Mozilla Firefox, which version should I go for, the British version or the US version, or does it not make a difference?

Regards
Marty

It's probably just which spelling it uses - whether colour on the menus has a "u" in it or not.

My advice - go for Google Chrome instead. It's much faster and cleaner to look at. It's only in beta, but I love it, and haven't had any significant problems. I only realised how much I've come to love Chrome when I re-tried Firefox this past weekend out of curiosity; it's much slower.

Tracey, Tracey, Tracey...........chroming indeed :p

I have used Mozilla Firefox in the past on an older machine and it worked well. I used the US version.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Tracey, I'll check out that sitem you recommended but will probably just go with firefox. I 've just upgraded my pc so I'm trying to just get used to what I am familiar with.

Have gone from Windows 2000 to Windows Vista. The different format is a bit confusing but I'm slowly getting there.

Regards
Marty

The main difference that I'm aware of is the spelling. It's useful as there is an in-built spell checker as well.

I tried Google Chrome but there's a number of issues including the lack of a decent pop-up blocker. Firefox also has some great add-ons available as well. Google has got a great concept, but there's still a long way to go.

Don't forget to add the plugin noscript
prevents websites from running apps on your computer although you can still
give permission to websites to run java etc.

with chrome, they completely rewrote javascript implementation - hence it's much faster, especially google services

by the way, from memory it's not beta anymore
they have done a proper release already afaik

Back